Home

UVMap help: Applying uvmap to another object

Achilles

Hey all,

I don't even know if this is possible, but I'd like to know if there is a way to apply a uvmap created for one object to another. I tried the max help file and google but the results that I found did not apply to my scenario.

Here's what I did:

I mapped a hand (a left hand to be precise). Done and done, looks pretty good, etc, etc and now I want to be able to apply that same map to the right hand. I can save it and load it, but results aren't pretty. I know there are mirror tools, but (to the best of my knowledge) they only really work on the same object.

If this isn't possible, it isn't a big deal: it won't take me that long to map the right hand also, but if I can save myself an hour of work, I'd like to.

TIA!

There is no way that I know of to do that. I have mapped objects like masks,double sabers, double swords by Mapping half of the object and then mirroring it to copy the other half, but thats not the same as what you want to do.

I'm sorry to have to say that your just going to have to map the other hand manually, but since you have one done you can just map the right hane directly over the left, unless you intend to skin something that you only want on one hand its ok to overlap the UV's.

Archived