Home

How hard would it be (dreadnaught)

Rebelknight

Well, The Sith War will be including a Dreadnaught, although the story is that the ship has been around that long (even if it hasn't, my storyline is independant and I can get away with it). I've always loved the dreadnaught so it will find its place as a capital ship for the Republic.

But if you're looking for it as an addition to the time period of EaW, TSW is not your first choice.

its not about making them its about how the mods will affect my game, will I be able to play online ok? Will the Dread replace a ship or will it just be added

That depends on the mod. If Empire at War follows standards, then if you have files that are different from the person you are trying to connect to you won't be able to play online with that person, you'll have to find somebody who has the same mod. That helps prevent people from altering their files for the purpose of cheating. Not sure if EaW will follow these standards, but that is what I am assuming.

Also, whether the ship is simply added or something else depends on the mod. For instance, in The Sith War, the model will be completely new, as will the ships charactheristics and everything. However, in another mod, they might simply give you a Dreadnaught model to replace an existing vehicle. Those kind of mods aren't as common in the RTS realm, but it would basically be the exact same vessel (ie Star Destroyer) just it now looks like a Dreadnaught. You'll probably have to wait and see.

Archived