Home

All in Favor of removing Nute's Ability to post HTML

Guest Rogue 9

Originally posted by Rogue Nine:

Your idea of humor isn't settling well with other members.

And you're idea of humor isn't settling well with me. At least four of us thought this was EXTREMELY funny. Andy, childish is saying that someone eats in a disgusting manner. Making a link to a fake video that actually redirects them somewhere is quite difficult. rosie was mad at me for a slightly different reason i think. There's waaaaaaaaay more i could go off with, but i'm damn hungry and would rather eat that construct those thoughts into a sentence.

Ban me, nuke my post count (but i doubt you have the knowledge or skill to do that), whatever I don't ****ing care anymore.

PS andy, even AFTER they said "oh we were joking" apologized and all that bull**** they STILL did it. milkshake did it in this very thread.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited February 27, 2001).]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zoom Rabbit

*(Attempts to play peacemaker.)*

Jeez, Nute, I still don't think you're getting what we're upset with you about. I think that you're forgetting that this is a public forum.

I didn't see the picture personally, but from what I hear, it was extremely shocking. If you were to pin up a picture like that down at the local shopping mall, you would get in a lot of trouble. Well, dood, that's exactly what's happening here.

If you have issues with any or all of us about being picked on, then please do so in a straightforward but calm manner...or take it to e-mail. This 'getting even' stuff is simply not the way we do things in public society. And ranting isn't the answer, either.

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt. You'll just have to accept that the prank backfired, be embarrassed for a bit, then calmly carry on a little older, and a little wiser. We have all been right where you are, buddy, and I know getting mad at everyone else feels right...but you are just making yourself look worse by doing so.

Please, Nute. Don't alienate the friends you have here.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

Jeez, Nute, I still don't think you're getting what we're upset with you about. I think that you're forgetting that this is a public forum.

I know perfectly well this is a 'public' location, but some places (say...the Zone) are more public than others. However that has absolutely nothing to do with my motives.

I didn't see the picture personally, but from what I hear, it was extremely shocking. If you were to pin up a picture like that down at the local shopping mall, you would get in a lot of trouble. Well, dood, that's exactly what's happening here.

A valid example, but that also assumes I did that purely for shock value. I wouldn't have done that at the mall simply because I wouldn't have a reason.

If you have issues with any or all of us about being picked on, then please do so in a straightforward but calm manner...or take it to e-mail. This 'getting even' stuff is simply not the way we do things in public society. And ranting isn't the answer, either.

That was done, nothing changed. I decided it was my turn to have fun at another's expense.

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt. You'll just have to accept that the prank backfired, be embarrassed for a bit, then calmly carry on a little older, and a little wiser. We have all been right where you are, buddy, and I know getting mad at everyone else feels right...but you are just making yourself look worse by doing so.

My prank did not backfire. People saw it, people got pissed, I smiled. Mission accomplished. Plus, I can't look any worse. Others have already done that for me.

Guest emupiett

Hey, Nute? I don't care that you put the pic up, but could you give me personally a warning if you don't intend me to look at it? That's all I ask.

------------------

"Intensify forward firepower!!"

I agree with Plasmo drop it already. It happened and now it is over. My God this is getting out of hand, we can't change the past so does it matter anymore? This is just getting more people pissed.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Archived