Home

White screen at the main menu!

irs2k3

Mine's the same, white mneu on startup (ver 1.02). Athlon64 3500+, Geforce 6600GT 256MB, 2 GB RAM. You can actually play the game (believe it or not). Here's how: First activate "show location of pointer when I press the ctrl key" in Windows Control Panel mouse options. Now that you can find your pointer by pressing ctrl after starting the game. Click on Options --> Video, disable hardware mouse --> apply --> enable hardware mouse --> apply. Now a mouse pointer appears, and you can start playing. The game works just fine in every way, with the exception of the cool explosions which appear as white sqaures - but that's the only glitch apparently.

Big Thanks for your tip!!

I realy can switch between the Menu.

But please help me again, where i have to klich for the Hardware Mouse??

I cant see this box to klick.Only read the name.

Can you make a sceen shot for me where i have to but my mouse to klick this option??

BIG Thanks!

Bye

Sven

Big Thanks for your tip!!

I realy can switch between the Menu.

But please help me again, where i have to klich for the Hardware Mouse??

I cant see this box to klick.Only read the name.

Can you make a sceen shot for me where i have to but my mouse to klick this option??

BIG Thanks!

Bye

Sven

The little square box is to the left of the name. But in any case, it turns out it doesn't matter. When you start the game (which is tough when can't see your mouse pointer, but if you hold down ctrl you can find it, as I mentioned earlier), the pointer appears as soon as soon as the galaxy map is loaded (regardless of the hardware mouse setting). Barring the white squares in lieu of explosions (at least that's what it does on mine), the game runs perfectly. The problem is definitely system specific (as opposed to a bad disc) - I loaded it on a friends machine, and it worked flawlessly. Might help to reinstall XP?

Archived