Home

White screen at the main menu!

irs2k3

hey guys,

I am having a graphics problem wich is so annoying, at the main menu the background image is white and there is no mouse cursor just the blue menu.

Ingame trees are all white and explosions aren't quite normal.

I have a 3.0 GHZ CPU, Geforce 6800 GT and 1 GB Ram using 81.85 drivers

U have tried 81.89 and didn't work.

Help please!

Try rolling back to some older drivers, see what happens then, also, disconnect from the internet (safety reasons) and disable any antivirus software that may be running (make sure to re-enable when your done) a graphics card/drivers wouldnt usually stop a game from loading :/ there could be something else, hard to tell though.

• 4 weeks later...

hi ppl, i'm having similar problem.. at the main menu, a white background, no mouse cursor just the blue menu text... can't click on anything...sigh... I played the demo with no problem even with high setting everything is perfect... my system: 3.2Ghz, 1GB ram, ATI X800XTPE with latest driver... weird part is since i can play demo why i cant play the full game?

yes i have read it... i got all my latest drivers including my directx is feb2006. I did say the demo runs perfect, as for the full game in the main menu is like this o8h0ug.gif the sound is fine playing in the background... even after i exit out i can play demo with no problem.

Try running Empire at War in safe mode. You can do this by going to start -> all programs -> lucas arts -> empire at war -> play empire at war (safe mode).

This will reset all graphic changes to their original settings. It's worth a shot. If that doesn't work then check your demo graphics options and then compare them to the real versions options. See if there are any differences there. If so, then change them and see what happens.

Also try re-installing as an installation error may have occured. Hope that helps :)

ya i tried play (safe mode) same white screen... sigh.. as for graphics options, u can see my screenshot, white screen with just the blue menu text, no mouse cursor(can't click on anything which not way for me to go into options) ...

oh i did reistall like 3-5 times no error, launching the game also very smooth until the main menu...grrr...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i have got the same problem.

But i use a Geforce FX5600 128MB from MSI.

I only see a white screen with en menue on the right side.

What the hell ist that?

I install the patch 1.02 afer the main installation.

Trying a older driver doesen´t brings a change.

what ca it be?

It looks fine to me... its odd that it is doing this.

Go to Yoda's Help Desk and pick Empire at War and then your platform. Then in the links to the left push email customer support and inform them of your problem. Also go through there FAQ and see if your problem is listed, though in my skim reading I didnt see it. Hope that helps, their customer support is some what slow but they'll be able to help better than I can.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a wild guess, so it probably won't work, but it's worth a try:

-Try changing your windows resolution, refresh rate, and color depth. Try a few different combinations of settings.

-Make sure you're not running any pop-up blockers, or video capture/ disk imaging softawre. It doesn't like Nero, for example. (you've probably already tried that one) However, you could go into XP process manager and start shutting processes down one at a time, to see if any of the automatic processes are interfering rather than an application.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lets work through this.

Ok, firstly, did any of you have the original demo installed? If so, remove it completely - including any mods.

Second, make sure that your direct x9c is up to date (August 05 version) - you can get this from your CD.

Third. Once you have done all this, uninstall the game - remove all folders, then re-install. It might also be worth doing a defrag before reinstalling the game (can take a long time depending on your PC)

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I will pass this on to Petroglyph as it might be a known problem and something getting fixed in the new patch....stay tuned.

DMUK

Archived