Home

origin of the Sith: nature of the dark side

shaded6

what is everyones thoughts on the Sith's origin and nature?

the embrace of the dark side?

power hunger?

etc?

and whatever else you want to come up with.......

seth

Well the sith origins are they where a race of creatures from the planet Ziost who used the force in their magics then some dark jedi showed up wowed them with their knowledge of this magic and got crowned as the dark lords.

Over the centuries the Dark jedi intergrated with the sith teaching them of the ways of the force and such till one day Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow decided to conquer outside sith space anyway they all got destroyed.

Then at about 4000bby the fallen jedi Ulic Qell Droma and Exar Kun learnt of the sith teachings from the ghost of Naga Sadow made armies and started another war on the republic many jedi joined forces with them this pretty much the start of the sith empire as we know it where they are fallen jedi and not a species

Anyway it goes on and on this way of fallen jedi/force sensitives adopting the sith teachings till the end of palpatine

theres alot more with bane and his new rulings of two based on some ancient teachings but i cant be bothered as frankly its not too important and not really much to do with the origin except for him saying there shall only be two.

There you go a very very very brief origin of the sith

lol. just because the dark side is a quicker way to power, doesnt mean it is the ultimate way to balancing that power. the question was actually getting at more like, how does one find the power of the dark side and use it?

why do the Sith let it consume them, knowing from the Jedi that it can destroy everything? why would a Sith want it to go that far when they realized that it was ultimately destroying them instead of giving them greater power? yeah, they did and do have a sense of power, but does this mean they actually know what they are doing with it.....

[a possible ending, if the player chooses the Light Side. Malak is near death.]

Darth Malak: Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Revan: This is the way of the Dark Side, Malak - All things end in death.

Darth Malak: Still... still spouting the wisdom the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I... I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate had decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the Light, as you did? If you had not led me down the Dark Path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?

Revan: I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it.

Darth Malak: I suppose... I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. It might have been yours, perhaps... but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me... I am nothing.

Malak's realization of the consumption of the dark side made him realize it was destroying him. he knew Revan had come to balance again and started using the force for what it was, not how he wanted it to be. the Sith believe they have to master the force and use it as a tool; when the Jedi embrace it for what it is and let it use them as the tool for the force. Malak could of had redemption by realizing what he had become by walking down the dark path.

"when the Jedi embrace it for what it is and let it use them as the tool for the force," by letting it flow through them; cant this involve the Sith aswell, since they are searching for a greater sense of power in themselves?

seth

They turn to the darkside because they are naive to whats happened before and they're egos are so inflated they believe they can control it when in the end no one can.

there you go thats the reason they choose the darkside its a ego thing and sadly the more the darkside consumes them the greater they think they thats why apprentacies try to kill their master thats why its their undoing in the end.

i dont think it has to be this way, but unfortuneately, to most Sith, it is. i think i can finally agree on this one.

but why does it consume them, if they realize that it is? they dont have to let it consume them if is control that they want. i mean, cant they see that? cant they realize that they are being utterly destroyed by the thing that is consuming them? or is it that they dont want to see it because they are so consumed?

seth

There really isn't a lot of information about the Sith Order. The Sith is a race of aliens that have since died out long before the creation of the Galactic Empire. Members of the Sith Order are darkside users that stumbled upon the Sith [race], and over the years they got their thang on and lived happily ever after. Long story short, hyperspace adventurer, discover Sith planet, Sith attack Old Republic, long wars, yada yada, Sith Wars, yada yada, Darth Bane, and then the Sith Order bide their time.

I don't know how much official information there is from Darth Bane to Sidious.

You asked for my opinion on the Dark Side, there is no Dark Side! Only the Force. :xp:

But seriously, the Dark Side is corrupting. Apprentices overthrow their masters to become Lord of the Sith, and repeat. Heck, even Darth Vader overthrows his master. ;)

Also in the future, it'd help discussions if you were more clear. I find it hard to wrap my mind about what you're saying/asking, but that could just be me. :/

but why does it consume them, if they realize that it is? they dont have to let it consume them if is control that they want. i mean, cant they see that? cant they realize that they are being utterly destroyed by the thing that is consuming them? or is it that they dont want to see it because they are so consumed?

Sadly thats just the way the darkside works it consumes you with out you really knowing and yes some do realise whats happening and put a stop to going down the dark path before its too late but sadly once it is too late it becomes a drug

Ask a heroin addict why they do what they do even though they know the concequences.

thats what the darkside is like that is the very nature of the darkside you cant control it, it controls you,

there end of discussion you now know how the sith started and why people turn to it no more crappy sith threads.

no, i get that a lot. i guess random questions asked back to back throw people off. thats why i try to make a point with every question so the answer is similar.

and yes, there is a dark side, if there wasnt, there would be no Sith. but because the Sith were suppossedly destroyed after Darth Sidious and Vader, then yeah, now, there is only the force. does this mean the dark side cannot come back? no; if someone in the galaxy knows it either still exist or has existed then it is always possible. i see what your saying though about there only being the force.

seth

and yes, there is a dark side, if there wasnt, there would be no Sith. but because the Sith were suppossedly destroyed after Darth Sidious and Vader, then yeah, now, there is only the force. does this mean the dark side cannot come back? no; if in the galaxy knows it either still exist or has existed then it is always possible. i see what your saying though about there only being the force.

[Off-topic]

Nah, you completely missed the joke. You'll have to have read the New Jedi Order and Veregre's teachings to understand it. It's a point of view.

[/Off-topic]

does this mean the dark side cannot come back? no; if someone in the galaxy knows it either still exist or has existed then it is always possible.

The darkside it self still goes on there will always be dark jedi but not Sith they are gone theres no one left to teach their ways

Edit: i actually just forgot about lumiya but her where abouts are unknown but then its possible she isnt a sith at all just another dark jedi with hints of sith about her but then hopefully she'll return in the LOTF series after spending years locked away studying the last sith holocrons? but any way this is for another thread.

well i want to know the truth in the dark side, why it should end here, thats your opinion, but for those of us in these forums, who call themselves, "Sith," i want to know their ways of thinking. i dont call myself "Sith" by the way.....

"the Sith rely on their passion; they think inwards, only about themselves." Anakin Skywalker

"and the Jedi dont?" Supreme Chancellor Palpetine/Darth Sidious

we have to get into the mindset of the Sith in order to understand the many misconceptions that the Jedi hold against them, not the obivous reasons when they try to dominate the galaxy; because it wasnt always this way, i dont believe. but what is it about the dark side of the force that compells people to the Sith and their teachings?

lets also talk about Darth Nihilus and whoever comes to mind; actually, lets start from the beginning of all the Sith.

if we can get into the mindset of them then maybe we can understand them differently, understand them for who they are, not what the Jedi say they are; even if they, the Jedi, are right, they dont know everything; and neither do we.

seth

Oh for christs sake boy drop it already lol

We've told you the damn history we've explained why people go to the darkside and the simple reason for dark jedi to to the sith is the sith knew about the darkside

If you were a dark jedi looking for more knowledge on this great power you hold would'nt you start studying the last major users of it so you could know more yes and it just so happen they were a race of red skinned magicians called sith?

And like i said earlier they turn to the darkside through egotistical power they are generally selfish people who look for towards the darkside to help themselves

seriously drop it if you cant grasp the really basic reasoning behind the bad guys of a bunch of kids movies then you really dont belong here lol

As for not calling yourself Sith werent you saying in another lame topic that your called Darth dren'or? which by the way you never said who actually calls you this lol

lmao. oh, i'm selfish for wanting greater power then you could ever possibly have?

well, if i were the Sith Master in this situation, i would kill my apprentice for this sort of thing; especially for his lack of consideration on what he gets at. lol. but because i appreciate life, because i understand it, yeah, he would probably try to kill me. because i understand that there is more detail in subjects then just your own ****ing opinion, and its appalling to you for some odd reason to just, accept everything but other peoples ideas; who is suppossed to be here? the ones who want to get into it, or the ones who want to control it?

your not in control, you just lack depth. and this is what i think pisses you off, or prompts you to act this way.

yes, i did answer the question about who calls me Darth Deno'r you just missed it, but because i answered the question and chose to find a True meaning in my name, it wont matter to you. question for you, who called you Darth Terros?

seth

there you go, "you did." we need to stop this, or we will both be banned. i dont just want your opinion, i want others. you went into the basis of the Sith, i want to go into the complexity of the Sith. can you give me that? or are you just going into a full out egotistical outrage on how your opinion is the only one that matters?

and because you named yourself, dont condone me for doing the same.

you may not effect me, in such a way, but by talking to you, i can feel the darkness in me. you do know that darkness is not just a fictionate based philosophy right? it is very real. and your problem, because you think you know the ways of the Sith, and the true nature of "the dark side" i wont condone that either, but just because you think you know, doesnt mean you do. you dont know what i have experienced in life, and i am not about to tell you. i use all kinds of different methods to understand the nature of "the dark side" aswell as "the light side." but you on the other hand, go by what you read, what you think it means and how it is to you, probably without experience in either "nature." sorry, but i am a complicated person, because i seek a deeper knowledge in everything, not just star wars bull****. and if you read some of my other post when i mention lucas, i try to see it from what he wanted to accomplish in fans; without taking it literally, in a sense.

seth

well you are just showing your true colors now arent you.

lighten up, your just getting yourself into more and more **** with the moderators who dont join these kinds of conversations.

your opinion no longer matters. you dont know me, so dont judge me, whacko, yep, thats right, "Master."

well that truely hurt dude. thanks. by the way, um, i dont know if you know this, i want to see what other people have to say about this thread, not your ****ed up mentality towards what you see things as. because you havent walked down a particular road in life, doesnt mean someone else hasnt. i'm not conceided in myself enough to keep going and going and going about this this and that when i tried to end this a few posts' before. but your so persistant, you might aswell get over it.

you take no thought into anything it seems. thats not my fault. you know what you understand, and seem lost in that aswell. this is not my fault. and yeah, i have my problems, but i'm not here to express how i feel inside. lol, i have brothers who actually understand what it is i have to say. so, yeah. thanks for your opinion, whatever it was your getting at. your the one who went off, if it were up to me, i would have put you in your place, "young padawan," but because i dont have that ability, i would like to move on with a different perspective on what someone else has to say. thank you.

doesnt matter if you edit, you called me a "whacko." so.....hey.

end it now!

seth

lmao. oh, i'm selfish for wanting greater power then you could ever possibly have?

Actually, that's what it sounds like to be a Sith in my eyes.

i want to go into the complexity of the Sith. can you give me that?

No one can give you that, except George Lucas or the authors.

I've said it in the Plagueis thread, keep this kind of bickering off the forums and in PMs.

Archived