Home

Has anyone seen Left Behind?

Guest Redwing

I have it, but haven't watched it yet...I really don't think it will be anywhere near as good as the books are. (I have the entire series! biggrin.gif )

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Guest garyah99

Haven't seen it, but I've heard it was really bad. There is a prophecy site called http://raptureready.com and the owner is up on the topic of end times prophecy. Apparently, Tim LaHaye (the author of the series) was so disappointed in the movie version, he wants to stay as far away from it as possible. Too bad, it had great potential.

I guess I a little biased against the movie as well, because I just can't figure out where people get the idea that there will be a "Rapture." It makes absolutely no sense to me. On the other hand, I like Kirk Cameron a lot, so maybe those to things cancel one another out, and the movie just really is stupid smile.gif

We haven't got the movie over here in the US yet but i've read several of the books, I can't say if the movies any good or not obviously, but i'm really pleased that films like that are getting made. Real shame about the legal stuff surrounding it all though.

Originally posted by Jade:

We haven't got the movie over here in the US yet but i've read several of the books, I can't say if the movies any good or not obviously, but i'm really pleased that films like that are getting made. Real shame about the legal stuff surrounding it all though.

Doh!!! sorry i put US when i meant UK!!! sorry guys lol

I've seen the novel series but I haven't read them yet. They look interesting.

I had a chance to order them from the SF Book Club, but my reading list is already huge. Besides, I hate getting into a series after so many books have been published; I feel like I'm trying to play catch-up.

Maybe in a year or so, when my stack-o-books is shorter.

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited March 10, 2001).]

Guest Redwing

They are really well-written, and have a good plot. I highly recommend them. smile.gif

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived