Home

Fighters to scale

dragonshadow

You have to remember though, shrinking them down to scale would make them almost impossible to select and difficult watch them fight. You would have to zoom in an incredible amount to view the battle. Although I do agree they are quite big compared to the capital ships.

They need to be the current size I think. If the capitals were any bigger it'd be impossible to see what was happening as they would take up too much space. If the fighters were smaller you wouldn't be able to see what they were doing, it's hard enough as it is sometimes.

You should be able to alter ship size/scale in the config files. Try the following files -

Spaceunitscapital.xml

Spaceunitscorvettes.xml

Spaceunitsfighters.xml

Spaceunitsfrigates.xml

Spaceunitssupers.xml

Starbases.xml

The most obvious value to modify would be <Scale_Factor> for ships and <Size_Value> for space stations. It would appear that <Scale_Factor> is based on the size of capital ships (all capital ships have a <Scale_Factor> of 1). Space stations start at <Size_Value> 10 at level 1, and increase by 10 at every level thereafter (i.e. <Size_Value> 20 at level 2, etc.).

I would assume that Petroglyph have based all unit sizes off the official length of an ISD (1600m according to the SW Database). Assuming this to be the case, it should be easy enough to work out a more accurate scale for all other objects. Assuming that was the case, an obvious change would be the <Scale_Factor> of the Death Star from 2.5 to 10 (once again, using values from the SW Database).

Well considering there are 4 zooms in the game, 1x (closest), 2x, 3x and 4x.

Most people i know always play the game in 2x zoom. The only problem owith 3/4x is the gui disappears. Stop that, and i would guarantee more people would use 3x.

I say go for it, i would download it straight away.

I just made one for myself, so feel free to use it.

Download it here

eawunitrescale2pz.th.jpg

Click to enlarge.

The picture shows the aproximate size of the x-wing, y-wing and tie fighter compared to the Star Destroyer shield generators.

You'll most likely need Chriz mod's v4 modified .exe because I didn't bother to mod the file carefully. Also please read the "How to install", it's pretty detailed.

Archived