Home

Cross of Glory Ceremony

Jolly Boots

So, I beat the game again and every single time during the ceremony, I cringe at the bad animation of Carth and the PC. So, would it be at all possible to change Carths...grin...to something more subtle and fix the PCs bloated expression right before the fighters fly overhead?

are you talking about the kotor 1 lightside ending yes i think that was a little chessy but its alright i dont think it would be possible since im pretty sure its a prerendured scene that and you have to give people time to reply usely a day at the most then someone would post

yes but thats just people gazing through i look through here and cant do many of the things more experianced modders can i try and help it may be because noone really thinks it needs to be done its something you really only see directly at the end of the game on the other hand if you asked to change carths appearance for the whole game someone would come around eventually and help you must be patient with modding or youll never get anywhere

are you talking about the kotor 1 lightside ending yes i think that was a little chessy but its alright i dont think it would be possible since im pretty sure its a prerendured scene that and you have to give people time to reply usely a day at the most then someone would post

The Ceremony is not a prerendered cutscene, it's an in-game scene done in the STUNT_57 module. The dialog file that controls the scene is m41ad_c01.dlg, found in that module.

I suspect that the goofy smile animations are triggered from either Entry 19 or 20. Try changing the animation number in the AnimationList for those entries to some other animation for the Carth and PLAYER participants. You'll just have to find some other existing animation that suits better (unless you want them to just stand idle for a few seconds there).

Thanks, stoffe. Unfortunatly, it just blew up in my face. The cameras took a weird angle and some characters vanished. I tried putting new animations into the entries, deleting the characters (not at the same time of course) but same exact thing...And I can't seem to change the animation number...

So...*cough* nobody is willing to take on this task. Or even have an opinion, ideas, etc?

Jolly Boots, please do not bump threads like this...

Not only does it make you look impatient, that impatience also serves to drive away those who would help you, not to mention there is Rule #7. Forum Rules. ;)

Now that stoffe is helping you this shouldn't be a problem. :)

Thanks, stoffe. Unfortunatly, it just blew up in my face. The cameras took a weird angle and some characters vanished. I tried putting new animations into the entries, deleting the characters (not at the same time of course) but same exact thing...And I can't seem to change the animation number...

What are you using to edit the dialog file? Try using a GFF Editor in case one of the more user friendly editors (like DLGEditor or KotorTool) happens to corrupt some data somewhere in this particular file. It's possible a cutscene controller DLG has some fields set that most normal dialog files don't use.

With a GFF Editor, the animations would be in for example...

EntryList --> 20 --> AnimList --> 1 --> Animation

...to edit the animation Carth uses on Dialog entry 20.

Working animation number can be somewhat confusing to find, so it's easiest if you find some place in the game that uses the animation you want and check what animation number is used there.

Aside from that, check in dialoganimations.2da, which isn't too intuitive since most entries don't have a plaintext name set. You may need to add an "1" in front of the animation number in dialoganimations.2da for it to work.

Archived