Home

commandos need catered for!

JediConsularAD

I was in theed yesterday and there was a big pvp battle, i gained about 600 fp which was good but as a commando i was only really useful within a group, with another commando, our specials suck, the grenades give targets a 5 second snare tops which is rubbish compared to jedi who are being made even more powerful next publish, and bounty hunters.

This game is going to become all about the Jedi and bounty hunters. Commando's do need some attention, but they have to cater to the Jedi first. Just look at the official SWG forums, and the amount of posts total under the professions Jedi and Bounty Hunter - they are the most popular professions in this game. I am a bounty hunter, but I've been one pre-cu and have no intentions of giving it up. I was, however, a commando pre-cu and even then commando's were largely ignored by the devs.

Commandos have been needing attention since day 1. LOL I can't say I'm surprised that they still haven't done a damn thing with this profession in almost 3 yrs. As far as popularity goes, this profession would be WORLDS more popular if SOE would actually care.

hmmm, arnt they reactivating the commando weapons in pub 27? setting up the traps, etc? there are a whole host of things coming in the next publish and it will take looking in several threads to find all of the proposed changes.

they havnt made an official listing yet, but it promises to be a big one and include updates for almost all the combat professions including Commando.

• 2 months later...

well i am a lev 47 commando, and i must say, from what i have been reading it is very true that they just dont care about the commando that much right now.

as for the armor, after the new pub 28 goes into effect we will be, and so will everyone else, this sucks, they cant just hook up the commandos they have to hook up every one.

i tell you this also i get more combat xp form working on my piloting skills then i do running ground base missions. go figure

this post makes no sense since i wrote it ages ago now, however on the matter of xp i do find it strange that u get 2 k xp off a bol and 1k off of a big mission on the avatar, surely if it were real, you would be more experienced from doing a big quest opposed o shooting a animal?

Archived