Home

Retreating

brownassociate

I have been playing almost every mod that has come out, and I must say that everyone has done a great job!

My favorite mod so far is Bryant's 2.5g. The ONE complaint I have about it though, is that you cannot retreat in space. Is there anyone out there that could figure it out? If so, then it would add so much. I loved the empire mod for the very reason that if you were losing you were outnumbered, you could retreat.

If anyone comes up with a quick fix for it, I would be forever grateful!

So you have played as the pirates or just watched them turn their tails and run? And if you have played as the pirates, what units/ techs are they allowed to build?

Both, but not much in their original concept. I believe their base techs consist of z95s, venators (added), v-wings, y-wings, the patrol oval and some ship called the pirate frigate for their space forces.

On the ground they have Solider militia, soldier mobs, PLEX soldiers, Swamp/Snow speeders and finally something called a pod walker.

EDIT: Pirates also have the skiff speeder.

Retreat will be an option in the full game in space battles. Why do you think the Interdictor (ship that prevents retreating) is in the game if there's no retreat option. It wouldn't make sense. Retreat option must be in the full game.

Extract AI/Players/sandboxhumanplayer.xml and then replace the entire code with this

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<AIPlayerType>

<Name>SandboxHuman</Name>

<Personality>
	<Focus> 0 </Focus>
	<Aggressiveness> 0 </Aggressiveness>
</Personality>

<GoalSetExtensionSize>1</GoalSetExtensionSize>

<GoalProposalFunctionSets>
	InterventionsGoalSet
</GoalProposalFunctionSets>
   <Templates>