Home

WIP: EAW Model Viewer (ALPHA)

DanteRenEvo

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

alo_reader.jpg

Should start the d3d work very shortly, and with proper file specs, could probably have a converter written soon as well. Importer, not yet, still have some things i need to figure out with the format, but for showing it in a small d3d window, im good to go.

Will keep posting updates.

I dont know much about how to make thigns like this, but why couldnt you make it so you could export it as a .3ds OR a .obj? Maybe not right away, but maybe in its second release or something at least? That would make alot more people happy.

I dont know much about how to make thigns like this, but why couldnt you make it so you could export it as a .3ds OR a .obj? Maybe not right away, but maybe in its second release or something at least? That would make alot more people happy.

it is probably possible, i haven't investigated those fileformats in full yet, so i can't 100% say i am going to support them as of yet.

More work on it tonight, got some more items programmed, and some of the d3d optimized. Added a screenshot button for debug, might keep it, might not.

So far its looking pretty good, some of my next tasks are applying the effects, but i have some variables i need to set first, so that they are rendered properly.

I also need to create a default light, in order for some of the normals etc... that need to be applied to work.

Anyway, here is another pic, notice the rancor has his hands and feet, this is 2 different meshes in the same model, took me a bit to get that working lol.

alo_viewer02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived