Home

SCINDLER'S LIST...

Guest janek17

Guest janek17

Schindler's list...

has anyone seen that film? that changed my life, y'know, it kinda freaked me out in a way but reached a part of me y'know, also, seven years in tibet is a great flick, but what can i say?

oh, and if you're thinking, hey, janeks saying something about films that aren't stupid, then YOU'RE WRONG!!!

DOGMA!!! that film rules, but Schindler's list is the best example of acting you could ever wish to see, if you haven't seen it... watch it!

has anyone here seen a film that's moved them?

Originally posted by janek17:

has anyone here seen a film that's moved them?

Fight Club.

------------------

"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke."

I saw the movie when it first came out in the early 90's. I was living in Holland at the tyme. It was a very moving movie. I thought about it for awhile. I ave the misic sound track to it and it really puts me in a mood swing.

I think the only other movie that effected me like that was Saving Private Ryan.

Yea, Saving Private Ryan can take it out of you, but it is a real reminder that war isn't the glory it's made out to be in the old 50's 60's 70's war movies, it's about, blood sweat and tears, no glory, no honour. Just death.

------------------

Self proclaimed Forum 90's Dude

milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

Children in front seats cause accidents, accidents in front seats cause children

Guest Rogue 9

S.P.R. was one of the first War mopvies to tell the whole story, Pearl Harbor looks like its going to be cool, you know the Japanese tried to pay the studio off so that the movie wouldn't be produced.

------------------

"The truest measure of a society is how it treats it's Elderly, It's Pets and It's Prisoners."

I'd already seen All Quiet on the Western Front and Das Boot (the OLD version), so I had already seen real warfare in a movie (All Quiet features ACTUAL combat footage of guys getting blown apart, none of that pansy stock footage of a plane strafing a japanese ship. this was guys jumping out of a trench and getting blasted).

SPR was quite funny in some scenes, like when the comm guy gets his face blown off(<font color=yellow>*** Nazi_Dude kills Comm_Dude with a headshot ***</font>), and when the idiot with the explosive forgets to let go, and gets <u>GIBBED</u>(<font color=yellow>Idiot kills self with grenade</font>)

And Fight Club r0x0rs my b0x0rs. I was blown away first time I watched it. Totally changed my way of thinking. I recommend it to anyone.

BTW, guess where my sig came from.

------------------

"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke."<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Poor Bastard (edited March 27, 2001).]

'October Sky'. I was all set to not like that movie (the trailers looked pretty sappy) but it won me over. Oh and 'The Shawshank Redemption'. I loved the story when I first read it and DREADED a film "adaptation" of it, but now I like the film more.

A book that did that same thing to me was 'Dandilion Wine' by Ray Bradbury.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Im not often moved my movies and at this moment i cant remember one that ever has. Although i havent seen the films you are all talking about except for a small piece of SPR, oh and ive seen gladiator. However my best film of all time would have to be the Matrix.

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Most moving film I ever saw would have to be 'Innocent Moves'. Call me crazy, but that was a brilliant movie. I basically never watch war films, so I can't say anything about Scindler's List etc.

As for books, I'd have to say Silver Screen by Justina Robson. Some very thought-provoking concepts, keeps you hanging on to the very end, definately not light reading.

Guest Fondas

Shindler's List was an excellent movie both on technical part, i.e. photography, directing, scripting, as well as describing the Nazis' atrocities.

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Schindler's list...

has anyone seen that film?

Of course I did, one of the best movies ever, I would even say it is the best.

if you haven't seen it... watch it!

Yes watch it! GO NOW !!

<font size=1>Why are you still reading this?? go rent the movie now!!

Archived