Home

Speed of Light

Admiral Odin

Originally posted by Rogue 9:

if your talking about the Australian Experiement, it was conducted on Photons not Quantum particles, unless they are the same thing that is in which case I'm a Moron biggrin.gif, but only for a few minutes

Like I said, I don't remember the exact details of the experiment, only that it's possible. Either way it's still a quantum level event.

Guest AceAzzameen

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:

there is a theory about using those quantum particles to teleport people, however you have to destroy the orignal and what you get out the end is just a copy which mean to teleport yourself you have to die.

Jabba has been reading Michael Crichton's Timeline. Admittedly, that was one great book and it brought to light some interesting theories. Although it may have taken the fiction a bit too far at some points. The quantum theories are most exciting because, as pointed out, they do throw many of the old rules out the window. And I can't recall which parts of the book were fact, and which were bent a little bit, but I thought there have actually been quantum teleportation experiments performed successfully somewhere?

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by AceAzzameen (edited March 28, 2001).]

I thought this thread was boring. It's nice to see I was right.

------------------

"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke."

Originally posted by AceAzzameen:

Jabba has been reading Michael Crichton's Timeline. Admittedly, that was one great book and it brought to light some interesting theories. Although it may have taken the fiction a bit too far at some points. The quantum theories are most exciting because, as pointed out, they do throw many of the old rules out the window. And I can't recall which parts of the book were fact, and which were bent a little bit, but I thought there have actually been quantum teleportation experiments performed successfully somewhere?

I think they teleported light or something.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

firstly ive never even heard of that book and secondaly i watched a BBC tv programme about time and teleportation what they said was

if you take 2 twined quatum particles (that is two quatum particles that were created at excatly the same time and are excatly the same) then they can copy other partilces from one of the quantums to the other however this destories the orignal, the other interesting thing is this happens instantanistaly (sp - meaning right away, no time taken) and can be done with electrons therefore you could have a Quantum Computer thats speed would be infinite, now that would produce some nice graphics!!!

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I read that in a magazine, though it was a few years ago and I'll never remember which one! The quantum computer (which was just an idea, a few decades short of ever being built) was supposed to use the teleportation trick to calculate simultaneously all possible results. Tricky, tricky stuff.

Can you imagine what that would do to the science of ballistics? We'd be able to determine everywhere the shell could go before firing it...

biggrin.gif

Guest AceAzzameen

Well, ok Jabba, then the show you watched is getting its info the same place Michael Crichton did. Because all the things you mention are in the book. There's actually a thread about it here somewhere, I think, from way back when a few of us were reading it...

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

how do i get hold of that book?

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Redwing

In Popular Science they documented an experiment in which scientists actually slowed down light. How funny is that?

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived