Home

Joining up

Guest Jabba The Hunt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by Rogue 9:

and I think Capitalism is just fine, if this were a scifi universe I would be a member of the F.T.A. -- this'll make sense to andromeda watchers only.

Finally, another Andromedan! biggrin.gif

If this were Andromeda (the show, not the person tongue.gif ) I'd be aboard the Andromeda, trying to <strike>get Trance into bed</strike> re-establish the Systems Commonwealth.

Actually, I'd probably be Magog chow.

<small>Edit: Let's keep our priorities straight, after all.</small> wink.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited March 22, 2001).]

Guest Rogue 9

you wouldn't have the slightest interest in Rommie Herself? biggrin.gif

------------------

Leader of 3 Flight

IAN_CDT_Rogue9, RA_Rogue9

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited March 22, 2001).]

Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin:

This is something I've never understood. I don't like the idea of communism that much, but almost every person I've ever met from the US seems to hate it with a vengeance.

I know why, it's because americans still have that Joseph McCarthy's "Witch Hunt" (anti-communist) propaganda carved in their heads, they are under McCarthyism influence without knowing it (since 1950). I once was like that because sometimes Canada gets under the American influence but I understood everything, saw the light, and I am now master of my thoughts cool.gif

people are accused by the terrified mob and unjustly persecuted. I think the point that is being made is that anytime that someone allows his fears to go beyond his reasons, great crimes against the innocent are made, for instance: Charlie Chaplin was exiled, rejected, banned from the US because of that "Witch Hunt" he was suspected being a communist and they took advantage of him going away on a trip so they could ban him.

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited March 22, 2001).]

um, Chaplin was a communist. The Soviet Union actually said most of the people that were accused by McCarthy were Communists. The international Communist Party HQ was in Moscow and they had a Master List of all members. They released it in 1994 and proved McCarthy wasn't a total nutjob.

Originally posted by Rogue 9:

you wouldn't have the slightest interest in Rommie Herself? biggrin.gif

No actually.

Trance is (physically) closer to my age, as well as being a fay/goddess. Rommie is only a god on the ship.

Rommie is Harper's territory anyway; and I wouldn't bird-dog a fellow Irishman.

Besides, I have a thing for "exotic" women. wink.gif

<small>Two words: prehensile tail.</small> cool.gif

In case anyone's wondering:

large_pic8.jpg

large_pic16.jpg

<FONT COLOR = "purple">Trance Gemini</FONT> Played by Laura Bertram.

------------------

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest Jabba The Hunt

i havent visited this post recently and im a bit confused - is there and mention of the army or anything like that in whatever we are talking about

oh and milky thats 3:1 now!!!!

Guest Jabba The Hunt

very funny

------------------

"How Long have I got"

"1 hour 57 mins"

"Ill phone you back in 2 hours!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Redwing

**has never seen any of this before, and has no clue what's going on, but agrees with Flying Beastie that "Trance" looks cute biggrin.gif**

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

More specifically, that's "The Ship Made Flesh," an android (the syntheflesh was presumably cloned from Beka Valentine). Rommie also has holograms, a flatscreen presence, and various robots.

Not to be confused with the Andromeda who posts here; to my knowledge she has only one body.

Hey Nine, didja see Saturday's ep? Where Harper upgraded the Rommie-bots?

HARPER: What d'ya think?

DYLAN: I think the relevant question is what does Rommie think.

ROMMIE: They're stronger, and the thighs don't chafe when they run.

DYLAN: (nonplussed) That's good to know.

------------------

Archived