Home

Modules

Tagart

This is a big request, but one that would benefit anyone who has in interest in modding...

Right now the game is divided into seperate modules. An individuals uti is commonly reused several times throughout the course of the game, with the module changing the specifics for that module. When we make a change, let's say to g_darkjedi002.uti it might work for one module, but where it's referenced again later it often disrupts the game to the point of ending it.

So here is the request...can we clean up the modules by making each and every character reference unique? Perhaps using as a naming convention the module name prefacing the current name (in my example the name would be nar305_darkjedi002.) If this could be accomplished, I think we could then make indivual changed to a module and keep what ever scripts that are attached to characters intact and perserve the game flow.

Would making these changes be possible and am I correct in thinking it could make modifications easier in the long run?

Regards

No. It would imply redoing the whole game: not only the files reuse the same names but they also sometimes use the same tags, etc. Therefore, all the scirpts, dialogues,e tc, would have to be verified line by line... and it's pretty useless if you ask me....and I am 100% sure that the end result would be a huge mess.

There are other ways of modifying a character that is not unique. Simple scripts targetting a specific object can accomplish a lot : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143412

Archived