Home

Boot Camp

Guest Rogue 9

Guest Rogue 9

So anyone interested in the new "Reality" series by fox? smile.gif

------------------

"With only two parents and a handful of siblings, Is it any wonder that humans are so obsessed with finding love?" -- Fragment of a Than-Thre-Kull anthropology text

Guest AceAzzameen

Damn ALL OF THE REALITY SHOWS! mad.gif

The Real World was on MTV 9 years ago. After about two seasons, I'd had enough "reality tv." Because it's not reality. It's a bunch of people who know they have cameras on them and are acting accordingly. It's a bunch of staged events and situations by the producers/directors of the show, so it's not real life happenening. The only way to have a true reality show would be to have someone unknowingly caught on hidden camera throughout their day. And not like the Truman Show, having them followed & recorded through their normal lives. And guess what? It would be boring as hell. Besides which, that person would find out as soon as the show aired, and sue the hell out of the network. So there will NEVER be a "reality" show. If you want reality, gett off your ass and stop watching tv and live a life! mad.gif

Note: this rant is in no way intended towards Rogue 9. I just need a place to vent my frustrations about what I feel is a completely ludicrous genre of TV that was tapped out 8 years ago, but is being passed off as something new on the major networks in the last year.

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

1) big brother was a great show

2) shame i only saw the last 5 weeks

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Hans The Great

Why would I want to watch a show about a bunch of attention-starved, backstabbing nitwits? I get enough "reality" at work..

Guest Rogue 9

Star Trek is the Reality, we are actually unknowing Holodeck programs here to amuse the crew of there ships, they walk among us even as we speak, some may even post here but we'll never know.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

You want a reality show?

*(Hacks television in two with insulated broadsword.)*

There ya go. biggrin.gif

Guest Rogue15

YAY!!!! what would really be a reality show is someone making a huge mistake on the news, and then suddenly notice that he was still live.

I get sick of tv too. it's a waste of time, unless of course it's live, like that time when they showed the U.S. bombing iraq, now THAT's reality.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

Or the Muppet Show.

You mean it's not?!? eek.gif

Originally posted by Rogue15:

what would really be a reality show is someone making a huge mistake on the news, and then suddenly notice that he was still live.

You're talking about blooper shows. now those are reality TV!

"We pray that he is not as foolish as he looks." --attributed to Fidel Castro, at a press-conference after being informed of Mini-Bush's election, and unnaware that his microphone was live. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest DragonT

They have a reality show out about boot camp? I haven't watched TV in over a year, aside from the simpsons and outer limits (Two shows that will make you think) TV is a waste of time.

One comment was that the show Boot Camp was pretty funny... That is one problem with reality TV. Unless you've been there and have had a Drill Instructor up in your face screaming his lungs out you can't know the reality of the situation. But there are funny times too. One moron, when I was going through boot, didn't know his left from his right and would alway screw up the cadence when marching. One day the DI got mad and found a twig and a stone lying on the ground and picked em up and put the stone in the dudes left hand and the twig in the dude's right. From there on out the cadence was Rock...Rock...Rock-Stick-Rock.

Earlier on that same day we were out practicing for the Drill Competition and that Moron was throwing the whole group off with his inability to march. The Sarge called us all to halt and called Ole Moron forward and told him to start marching on his own. Sarge pointed to a street and said "Start Marchin'!" So he started to march. When he was about halfway there about-face was called, but the dude wasn't listening and kept marching. Sarge called it out 5 times and then started chasin' after the guy, his face red as a beet. He stopped running about 25 yards before he got to the guy and was so PO'd that he whipped his hat off and tossed it like a frisbee and nailed the guy in the back of the head. At the top of his lungs he screamed "Pick that up and bring it back!"

Now that stuff is funny. Unless you've been to boot you can't appreciate funny at getting yelled at until you just wanna cry for mommy. (And some of the kids actually did that too...) Now all of that is reality. I agree with the first post Ace put up on this thread. Get up, get away from your TV (and computer) and go experience some reality. What you see on TV is fake. Even if it was a hidden camera following someone around without their knowledge I wouldn't be reality... At least not YOUR reality. Life is boring to most cause they let it be boring. Do something and you'll get enough excitment and reality without having to watch TV to get the needed doses.

Ok, I better shut up and quit ramblin' before I get banned.

DragonT

Archived