Home

Random Matrix mythos.

Cmdr. Cracken

Guest AceAzzameen

The whole "oracle" scenes are based on the Greek oracle at Delphi. Even the inscription, "know thyself," was engraved at the entrance to that sacred oracle. Very cool stuff, which we spent time talking about in Greek Mythology class this semester. cool.gif

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

i thought everyone could dogde bullets???

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Redwing

Ooooookaaaaayyyyyy....

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Not Latin, but Greek.

In Greek mythology, Morpheus is the god of dreams (I think he's also the brother of Thanatos, the god of death, or Hades, god of the underworld, but i'm not sure).

"Neo" does mean new, as the opposite of "paleo," meaning old. The first examples that come to mind are paleolithic (old stone age), and neolithic (new stone age).

"Trinity" is a reference to the Three-in-One, which is a powerful mythological reference even outside of Christianity's Holy Trinity. I think the character of Trinity would prefer the association with the Irish Badb trio: Nema (goddess of madness), Macha (goddess of bloodlust), and Morrigan (goddess of courage).

"Cipher" is a type of code, like shorthand, once used by sailors, though it can also refer to the code(s) used for secured military transmissions. In computerspeak, a cipher is like a password or a programming language, something that no one else "gets."

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Archived