Home

force jump without a saber

mrcheaterson

Actually its not hardcoded. All you need to do is change the requireitemmask in spells.2da to read 0x0000 (meaning nothing is required) rather then 0x0040 (lightsaber is required) on line 3 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_ADVANCED_XXX), line 21 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_XXX) and another line whose number I cant seem to find in my copy of spells.2da.

Actually its not hardcoded. All you need to do is change the requireitemmask in spells.2da to read 0x0000 rather then 0x0040 on line 3 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_ADVANCED_XXX), line 21 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_XXX) and another line whose number I cant seem to find in my copy of spells.2da.

Are you sure of this? As far as I understand it the "_XXX" suffixed lines are old leftover junk lines that are no longer used for anything (but can't easily be deleted from the file since spells.2da is line number indexed). I'd assume Force Jump originally was meant to be implemented as a targeted power before they made it into a feat instead.

Are you sure of this? As far as I understand it the "_XXX" suffixed lines are old leftover junk lines that are no longer used for anything (but can't easily be deleted from the file since spells.2da is line number indexed). I'd assume Force Jump originally was meant to be implemented as a targeted power before they made it into a feat instead.

Yes this is correct. Also if you make a new baseitem entry for a lightsaber, this also "breaks" Force Jump. Force Jump only works with the original baseitem entry only. I'm sure anyone who worked on the USM mod can confirm this.

EDIT: Stoffe, would it be possible to script this into an actual force power? That would be pretty cool.

Actually its not hardcoded. All you need to do is change the requireitemmask in spells.2da to read 0x0000 (meaning nothing is required) rather then 0x0040 (lightsaber is required) on line 3 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_ADVANCED_XXX), line 21 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_XXX) and another line whose number I cant seem to find in my copy of spells.2da.

I tried this and all i got was a game that wouldn't load...

are you sure FORCE_JUMP_XXX is the correct force jump file to edit?

EDIT: Stoffe, would it be possible to script this into an actual force power? That would be pretty cool.

Not one that reliably works just as the Force Jump feat(s) do, but you can probably fake it somewhat similarily. There are three problems that I can think of to make Jump into a targetable force power:

1. The scriptable ForceJump effect only moves the character to the target, but does not automatically play the "jumping" animation, so it'll look like you slide across the floor to the target if you just use it. This could probably be worked around by finding the animation number(s) for the jumping animation(s) and playing it/them manually with PlayAnimation, though getting it to play right for enemies of variable distance away might take some work.

2. The jump effect does not do a weapon attack against the target. This could be worked around by making an attack roll manually and apply scripted damage (taking dual wielding and Speed into account) if it calculates as a hit, though any scripted properties or damage upgrades on the wielded saber(s) will be lost.

3. The jump effect does not check distance to target or for a clear "Line of Flight", making you bump into any obstacles along the route, never reaching the target. You could do this check manually and abort if necessary, but only after the power has already been cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived