Home

Something contraversial

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Since we're getting ever closer to Ep II, I'd like to ask that all discussion of it is kept in the Movies forum, and is clearly marked with spoiler warnings. The reason being that just before TPM was released, I got accidentally got some critical plot info, which severely decreased my enjoyment of the film, seeing as I already knew half of what happened (most noteably, the idiot who decided to post 'qui-gon dies!!' as a topic title).

Yeah, I found out about that one a bit early too. Of course they had to make "The Noble Death Of Qui-Gon" a track title on the soundtrack CD, which I bought as soon as it came out a few days before I saw the film. I was a bit bummed about that.

The big problem for me with Ep.I (and will prove to be a problem with II and III) was the fact that we already know what happens later in the story. Anakin and Obi-Wan can't die, so the drama of the Pod-Race, light saber fights, and the final space battle is mostly lost. We already know that Anakin becomes Vader, so now we are just watching to see how it happens.

If I had no previous knowledge of the Star Wars story I'm sure TPM would have seemed cooler to me, but having this background kept me from being on-the-edge-of-my-seat as I was during previous first veiwings of the other films.

I understand what you mean. I'm curious on how they are going to pull it all off. That is why I go see the movies. I want to know how Palpitene gains power and Anikin falls from Grace. Who are Luke's and Leia's mother ect.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Guest Jabba The Hunt

the thing is that there are two reasons people watch star wars

1) entertainment - if you get into this sort of mood it may help you start to like our misunderstood friend jar jar

2) knowlegde - the star wars time line finding out what happens etc for your knowledge like the books although i read them for entertainment i also read them so that i know what happens to luke and han after the battle of endor

the latest films have the knowledge bit but there is not entertainment because we already know what happens

sorry if this bored anyone this is just my view

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

why am i so good at conversation stoppers?

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived