Home

[GC]Start with only one planet

Tom Servo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tweaked this for multiplayer and added it to No Pirates Mod as a multiplayer campaign for anyone crazy enough to play it. Corrected the issues with Empire starting at Tech 0 with no cash and so forth.

Added a credit to you for discovering it in the first place to the readme file.

TB.

no, i was imperial, i had coruscant and all i could build was a research facility and mine!

Im not sure but if u start at tech0 u need to build a research facility and get to tech1 before getting to the barracks, did u try changing the tech level in Custom Options?

I'm gonna add a few more ships to the pirates tonight and post another version of the campaign, but a lot of stuff has changed like all units and buildings so its no longer just the campaign xml.

A tip for tech levels:

Rebel tech level is measured 0-4 in the XML, while Empire tech level measures 1-5. Same number of levels, different numbering. Think it as the Rebels tracking tech lists rather than the tech level. So if you set the Empire tech level to zero, they will have nothing to build. To start a campaign from the beginning, set Rebels to 0 and Empire to 1.

A tip for tech levels:

Rebel tech level is measured 0-4 in the XML, while Empire tech level measures 1-5. Same number of levels, different numbering. Think it as the Rebels tracking tech lists rather than the tech level. So if you set the Empire tech level to zero, they will have nothing to build. To start a campaign from the beginning, set Rebels to 0 and Empire to 1.

THANK YOU!!! I was wondering why my mods weren't showing up for the rebels at the "first" tech level.

hopping is useless if u dont have the defense to back it up!

I'd have to agree with this. Since No Pirates Mod, my friends and I have played solely choke-point free games and while it's a different style of play, hopping does not work. One of my friends tried it and I mowed him. He took major losses, stunted his growth and lost the game because of it. Just like any empire, over-reach and you will have problems.

TB.

Well guys heres the new campaign, i renamed it to Battlefield Empires since its more than a campaign now, hope you enjoy: http://rapidshare.de/files/14065141/Battlefield_Empires_Beta2.zip.html

---------------------

Done:

-Richer Pirates

-Reduced Artillery Damage

-Space Cap to x1.5 of normal

-Ground cap is 14

-AI uses FOW (UPDATE: Removed due to massive retardeness in making a move)

-Incorporated some changes from MistenTH's Realism Mod1.1(Tougher fighters and capital ships, many other tweaks, all credit to him)

-Pirates use their own AI and build units

-Added more planets that can build capital ships, most important the homeworlds, so now the AI has at least one planet than can build capital ships, hopefully they build more of them

-Pirate Frigates carry fighters

-Calamari Cruisers carry fighters

-No logo movies file(movies.xml)

-Pirate Starbases are strong, their main base is pretty powerful

-Grand campaign where both sides start with a small force and most of the galaxy

is controlled by pirates. To weaken the pirate forces you must destroy their starbases and barracks, they can't build more of them.

-Also look out for their secret homebases in Geonosis and Kamino.

What's left to do:

-Make the pirates build their ground units, right now they can only build pirate infantry

-For some reason they don't build units very fast even thought their units are dead-cheap, still working on how to make them more aggressive

-Add more campaigns to the current idea

-Make the pirates stronger or weaker considering any feedback

-Adjust hyperspace speed so there is slower expansion

THANKS! Will let you know how it goes. Have been checking the thread all day waiting for this ready for my "now" work free weekend. I also like the extra changes you have made, which were to be honest unexpected, but definatly needed to make the game more fun. You have obviously done your research on what all the fans want.

Really? When i played with empire the rebels went from the left and got most planets up to coruscant with ease, if you want you can go to the campaign file and delete the pirate forces in the nearby planets so it makes it easier for you.

As for using the mod with the realism mod, you cant because almost everything is changed, for example the pirates wouldnt build anything.

As for mon cal's being unbalanced, i figure there are way more imperial capital ships than rebel so i gave them something extra. Let me know if the imperials get crushed, i will make their caps stronger if they do.

And as for starting with a ISD, check what forces are around you and tell me you dont need the help. ;)

I will check whats up with the rebel tech flaw but i playtested mostly with empire so sorry for any faults.

Archived