Home

That Oomph, that Zing.. the Cordon Bleu of KotOR

HerbieZ

I rented the game with no other preconceptions of it, thinking it would be like a real time action game. I had never played and RPG before and was initally pissed about it being turn based. I soon got over that and fell in love with the system, the planets, voice acting. It was a game experience I had never had before. After playing it I love RPG's now. It was so immersive, thats all I have to say on the matter.

My husband purchased the game after we got our XBox for Christmas 2004, on Saturday or Sunday mornings he would play it and I would sit on the other couch watching or reading. My husband love Star Wars which is why he got it I suppose. I do to but I love tons of different sci-fi things and I don't really like shooter games so I didn't know what to expect out of Kotor.

You have to understand my husband, he has really, I mean really bad directional sense in games. So I would watch him running round the south of Taris for the umpteenth time looking for the cantina or the entrance to the north side and get so frustrated that I would have to direct him where to go (you should see us when he plays fable, I pretty much lose my mind) and he wouldn't explore containers or doors which frustrated the hell out of me so I decided to play the game myself just because I knew I could do better.

I fell in love with the it almost immediately especially with the interaction. When I had been watching him play he was really annoyed by Carth so would never speak to him and would flick through the dialogue of most other characters. Because of that I hadn't really expected it to be so interactive and I was soo impressed when I played it myself.

I've played other games like Fable and Morrowind but none of them do it for me like Kotor.

Like others here I loved looking through windows, over the sides of the buildings or bridges or out towards the desert or sea for the great vistas and little extra's like the ships docking at the sith base or the swoop bikes going by on Taris. I much prefer any of the planets to being locked inside bases or ships trolling through endless corridors. I really appreciate the richness of the planet scenery and the little random details.

Choosing dialogue and getting different responses is also very cool which means you can play the game a variety of ways this was supposed to be enhanced with Kotor II but was not all it could be and I really hope Kotor III rectifies that problem.

The first time I played it I tried to avoid fighting as much as possible until I got my Lightsaber then I was very into it and now can't imagine fighting without one and wish there was one in every game I play! Now I play without any trepedation about fighting and love having a Vibrosword before getting a lightsaber in either game.

I love the games so much that when I discovered all the mods that people make for the PC series I was very envious and finally got both games for PC recently so I could have even more experiences with the games and new adventures.

I've come to the conclusion I love the world of Kotor more then the original star wars.

Archived