Home

Let's Roll the TIE's and Light the skies cause Rogue3 is here!

Guest Rogue3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rogue 9

Originally posted by Admiral:

At least I outrank all of you. No rogue is an Admiral biggrin.gif

Actually Wedge Antilles is a General, Same rank. biggrin.gif

Guest Rogue 9

Admiral Does not Outrank General, General is a rank in Starfighter Command, Admiral is a rank in the fleet...and wedge still flewwith the Squadron, and he is commander of wraith squadron as well, plus the Lusankya biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited April 27, 2001).]

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

*(Comes out of trance, finding himself at the helm of a Federation starship parked a kilometer off Commander 598's space station.)*

What the hell? *(Looks around, finds controls.)* Well, let's just light this thing up!

*(Barrages station with phasers...bores of it when station is only half blown up and finishes it off with a spread of photon torpedoes.)*

smile.gif

*Targets the starship from a 23km USD(Ultra Class Star Destroy) and opens fire with a barrage of turbolasers*

*Then targets whats left with a custom made Buster Cannon(2 twin buster rifles) completely wiping Zoom from existence*

------------------

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist

Guest Lord Emperor Zoom Rabbit

I outrank everyone! Ha-hah!

I want all of you deck apes in boatswain's chairs, painting anchors as I get the ship underway. Except for you, robot--you're painting the propellor.

wink.gif

Originally posted by Lord Emperor Zoom Rabbit:

I outrank everyone! Ha-hah!

I want all of you deck apes in boatswain's chairs, painting anchors as I get the ship underway. Except for you, robot--you're painting the propellor.

wink.gif

*Places detonator on the propellor and uses its push to get out of blast range then presses button and watches nuclear light show*

------------------

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist

You have to look at it as not Navy/Airforce but just a navy. In a navy they do use fighters, bombers ect. On ships called Aircraft carriers. This is the same for the SW universe, Starfighter command and Fleet Command are just to division with in the Republic/Rebellion navy. As such an Admiral out ranks a general. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Guest Rogue 9

if it was just navy the ranks would be the same, in Fighter Command is America Admiral is a rank. the only Admiral to out rank a general is Admiral Ackbar, he is a SAC. tongue.gif

Fighters are lower than capital ships in the chain of command. Fleet Command gives orders to Fighter Command because of that.

The Admiral in NOB Norfolk (in SW, a member of FLEET COMMAND and an Admiral) outranks the Admiral in NAS Oceana (in SW, a member of FIGHTER COMMAND and a General).

Some branches and commands outrank others, regardless of their ACTUAL rank.

Guest Rogue 9

an Admiral in the Fleet is Equal to a General in Fighter Command, the only time this is not true is when one service has been given theatre command, the Same as a General in the Air Force is Equal to an Admiral in the Navy.

I will use a Quote from Book 5 of the X-wing series, "Wraith Squadron".

"It is Unusual for an Officer of StarFighter Command to be able to offer commendation to an Officer of Fleet Command-even rarer for one to want to, given the history of rivalry, between our services."

the last part implies different services, much as the Navy and Air Force.

quote off of page 348 for anyone who cares

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited April 29, 2001).]

Archived