Home

Shortie Fic: TARIS

((SW and all its glory belongs to its rightful owner(s). This story takes place in KotOR 1))

TARIS: Day?

<Too many days have passed since I've been stranded on Taris and I'm beginning to grow impatient. So far we've done nothing except run in circles, asking questions, helping the locals with their problems instead of our own. Specifically finding Bastila. Carth, the republic soldier who escaped the Endar Spire with me, is slowly becoming less intolerable and more, dare I say, chatty? He's been referring to me as 'beautiful' and really, I haven't done anything to persuade him otherwise. But I digress.> End of Journal

Morning brought with it another grueling 24 hours of searching, inquiries and fighting the enemy when they appeared. To the young soldier there really wasn't a point in repeating everything, so she rolled over on the small bed and burrowed further into the blanket.

"Rise and shine, beautiful! We got a long day ahead of us and I think I've finally figured out a way to get that damn droid cheap." Carth sauntered in waving something in his hands a minute later. He sounded incredibly cheerful that morning.

"You mean cheaper than if we just smack the owner around and take it?" Shane mumbled through the sheets, which hid her grin. She wouldn't really do anything like that, but teasing Carth was always fun and it gave her a laugh.

"...smack....? Hey, we're trying to do things the legal way, not steal, kill and push people around!" Carth replied hastily, his ingrained sense of justice and good surfacing.

"Yeah, I know, but it's fun to see your face when you start your good guy speech." Shane sat up, pushing the blanket down and running fingers through her shoulder length, black hair. Bluegreen eyes located Carth's dark browns and she smiled.

"One of these days, I won't know when you're being serious." Carth laughed, shaking his head. He didn't trust people so easily and had only recently started considering Shane as a true friend. "Come on, let's get something to eat before we grab the droid."

"Alright..." Shane sighed, reluctantly getting up from the warmth of her bed. "Then you can explain your plans when i'm not half asleep."

She yawned, stretching her arms upwards and padding barefoot over to the locker that contained her clothing. Shane slept in shorts and a tank top, much like Carth did, considering they were both Republic soldiers with similar wardrobes. Carth busied himself toying around with his blaster on the repair table. The only advantage to a lengthy stay on Taris, meant having time for your equipment and all the upgrades you could get your hands on. Shane dressed quickly, carrying twin vibroblades, as opposed to twin blasters like the ones Carth carried.

When all was done, they both headed to the Upper City for yet another day of predictable situations.

• 2 years later...

Archived