Home

The xml folder

TotalBiscuit

Quick nub question for you lot. Does the xml folder automatically over-ride files which are in the .meg's? I've used the All planets campaign, which does work by simply putting it into the xml folder, however my No Pirates mod doesn't seem to do the same, despite the fact that it only modifies one file. Now I'd like to be able to make my mod installation easier by eliminating the extraction and insertion programs, so any ideas?

TB.

Quick nub question for you lot. Does the xml folder automatically over-ride files which are in the .meg's? I've used the All planets campaign, which does work by simply putting it into the xml folder, however my No Pirates mod doesn't seem to do the same, despite the fact that it only modifies one file. Now I'd like to be able to make my mod installation easier by eliminating the extraction and insertion programs, so any ideas?

TB.

You don't need to use the insertion program. Just drop the moddified xml file into the xml folder. It will overright the variables in the meg.

Aslo, make sure you remove the "DATA%XML%" from your moddified file's name.

As far as eliminating the extraction program, just extract the megs once and save them somewhere. As long as you don't overright them, you'll never need to extract them again.

Hope that helps!

Archived