Home

MAD vs SNL

JR2000Z

Guest garyah99

Well, young fella, wink.gif, used to watch SNL when it really WAS SNL. I remember the original show woth Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtin, Gilda Radner, and the rest, and there is no comparison between those classic shows and any other "live" set show today. In fact, the only two other shows in history that even came close were Canada's original Second City troup (with John Candy, Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis et al), and Monty Python's Flying Circus. BTW, this is a great topic to start a discussion on!

Guest Hans The Great

Mad is funny most of the time, SNL is only funny when they show those cartoons. SNL skits go on forever and are'nt funny.

I watch SNL reruns on Comedy Central all the time. MAD was funny in the first few seasons(anyone remember the Barber Shop Quartet/Gangsta Rap commercial?) but it sucks now.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Jabba The Hunt

hey im british i dont know what your talking about

but its rumored that ntl (my cable provider) is teaming up with AOL to provide more TV channels for us - so we could get Comedy Central - Yes!!! the daily show!!!

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Steven Cobert's review of the Republican convention in Philly was HILLARIOUS.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest garyah99

Nothing can top the original "Point/Counterpoint" with Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin, "Two wild and Crazy Guys" with Steve Martin, John Belushi's "Samurai" skits, Gilda Radner's "Roseanne Roseannadanna", or "Baba Wawa" skits. Not to mention the parody "commercials" from the heyday of SNL. I used to watch "Mad" during the first season. Then it just got crude, not funny.

To all not americans!!

MAD is a sketch comedy show of the FOX channel, it has both stage comedy and and other stuff, like Anti-Headache adverts, which are quite good accept the dudes head explodes.

SNL or Saturday Night Live, is Re-run on Comedy Central. I often has guest appearances and is chock-a-block full of scetchs often something to do with current affairs in the world.

The Daily Show is just funny!

------------------

Self proclaimed Forum 90's Dude

milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

You make believe

That nothing is wrong until you're cryin'

Cryin' on me

You make believe

That life is so long until you're dyin'

Dyin' on me!

Pierce Brosnan, the person who played in the James Bond series since 'GoldenEye' hosted SNL last weekend. Jennifer Lopez hosted it last month with her sexy dress on.(Im sure they got good ratings because of that.)

Archived