Home

Starfleet Command: Empire at Wars & Star Wars: Empire at War

The Source

Starfleet Command II: Empire at War & Star Wars: Empire at War?!

I was wondering if anyone has noticed that both the title and space battle idea originated from Star Trek about four or five years ago. It would appear that the sheild system and engine mimic Starfleet Commands. Does the ground combat mimic any other RTS games?

Starfleet Command II didnt have ground combat, action was souly space

I understand this. However, the Demo feels like I have played it a hundred times. Starfleet Command I-III came out about four to five years ago, and the concept is still being used by other companies. The sheild design and ship performance is an upgrade to what was done in Starfleet Command. However, they are slight upgrades. I thought this was built for next generation systems? Why is it designed for low-end systems? Did I miss interprate?

The ships in Starfleet had shielding that folded around the ship, correct? Ships in EaW have a shield that is damage no matter where you attack it, at any angle.

It isn't copied from that game, the idea is just very similar.

Whats is realy cool about EAW, which is different from Starfleet Command, is that you can move in multiple angles.

Yes. the sheild surrounds the entire craft in SFC.

i think he means more on the line sof

in SFC you can be hit from the back and ur shields will go from the back but stil ahve them on the sides

this doesnt happen in eaw

the name, well, both star wars and star trek contain empires so, and eaw is set in the smal era when the empire takes over

so i would just say its a coincidence

And the hardpoints thing, if i remember u couldnt actually see them on SFC but only on the image on the side of ur or the enemys ship, if one was destroyed something would have to happen to the ship model (explosion such like) like in eaw

but i ahvent played it in ages

i would say things were simular between the games, but not actually taken, i know i wouldnt of been able to think of a way to do the hardpoints thing myself

and its basicly a totally different ype of gameplay

I will be buying the full version tomorrow, so I will be more experienced in its functions.

i think he means more on the line sof

in SFC you can be hit from the back and ur shields will go from the back but stil ahve them on the sides

this doesnt happen in eaw

the name, well, both star wars and star trek contain empires so, and eaw is set in the smal era when the empire takes over

so i would just say its a coincidence

And the hardpoints thing, if i remember u couldnt actually see them on SFC but only on the image on the side of ur or the enemys ship, if one was destroyed something would have to happen to the ship model (explosion such like) like in eaw

but i ahvent played it in ages

i would say things were simular between the games, but not actually taken, i know i wouldnt of been able to think of a way to do the hardpoints thing myself

and its basicly a totally different ype of gameplay

The games are completely different. I can't see how you can even make a comparison. I played SFC religiously and the space combat is absolutely NOTHING like it. SFC wasn't even an RTS, it was a space combat simulation based on ship manevours (sp?) and precision attacks. Empire at War is an RTS based upon pumelling your enemy into submission with a superior force and the proper use of hard-counters. It's like saying basketball and football are the same game just because they're both played with a ball..

TB.

Archived