Home

This...sucks

I blame it on the magic smoke that makes all electrical devices work.

If it leaves your electrical device, it wont work anymore.

Had that happen to my nice 21 inch moniter. Over heated ot something. frown.gif

I have put my finger into a Lightbulb soccket, grabbedonto a Farmers Electric Fence, been at ground zero when the charger cables connected, and plugged in the frayed wires of an old phone into an Electrical socket.

Guest Rogue 9

that magic smoke seems to leave computer here fairly often, just this year we've lost over 20. frown.gif , but I get paid to reinstate the smoke so thats okay biggrin.gif

In my high school physics class, we were doing a lab experiment with circut boards and we were working with resistors. We were applying somewhere around 9 volts accross these resistors, nothing big.

However, we decided to conduct an experiment of our own. Muahahahahahaha! biggrin.gif We wanted to see what 120 volts (standard outlet voltage) would do to the resistor. So we connected each end of a resistor to the prongs on the plug to the voltage meter. We then jammed it into one of the electrial outlets in the lab. It wasn't long before the resistor started to smoke so we pulled it out. However, we decided the "smoking effect" was cool so we put it back in. Then we watched it smoke some more and all of a sudden, BOOM! The resistor exploded like a firecracker and left a cloud of ash that drifted through the air. Needless to say, we got some unwanted attention from the teacher biggrin.gif

Disclaimer: Do not do this at home and if you do and get hurt, it's not my fault!

------------------

That's no moon, it's a SPAM Station

Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost

[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited May 12, 2001).]

biggrin.gif

Last year, in physics, a person I know was working on a eltrical power to mechanical work system, with a small motor. For this a 12v battery was used, he wanted to see what 4 of those batteries would do. Needless to say the motor went very fast. Almost killing the teacher when the string broke. He was not very pleased. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

I have a hilarious physics teacher which makes it better.

One time the chemistry teacher interupted the class, and passed out articles then told my physic teacher the articles are so we can do something while he taught.

Then my physics teacher nicly asked a kid that was always late, that when he gets married if he could invite him to the wedding. My teacher then told him, when the priest ask if anyone would object to the marriage, he would raise his hand.

I love that class.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Guest Rogue 9

I managed to sidestep Chem. out of fear of what I might do with that knoeledge, then I discovered that I could learn all of the fun stuff on the web anyway. biggrin.gif, and I don't get graded

Guest Rogue 9

*Throws 2 part Explosive/Posion gas bomb at Admiral that is made from normal Household chemicals.* what was that grade again

Archived