Home

Happy 40th Anniversary NASA

On May 5, 1961, the United States took a giant step into the future when Alan B. Shepard, Jr., became the first US Astronaut. His 15-minute, sub-orbital flight ushered in a new era for Americans, one in which they came to view themselves, the Earth and the Universe in fresh, new ways. On Tuesday, May 8, 2001, NASA, in collaboration with the Space Policy Institute at The George Washington University, Washington, DC, will sponsor a one-day symposium to commemorate the 40th anniversary of human space flight. The conference, "Looking Backward, Looking Forward," will reflect on the significance of human space flight to American society over the past 40 years and its likely role over the next four decades and beyond. Attendance is free. The conference will be broadcast on NASA Television.

<a href=http://www.nasa.gov>NASA Homepage</a>

Good excuse for a party?

------------------

iconn84.gif

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist & God of Insanity

Guest Jabba The Hunt

nasa kicks ass its just the stupid america public that wont fund them :p

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Rogue 9

I imagine that soon we will be funding them quite a bit, now that the forward looking republicans have power. we should also begin placing offensive weapons in orbit so that we will be able to threat china with complete annilation in a couple minutes. long before they can get there nukes off we will have destroyed there air force and nukes biggrin.gif

Thank you R9<sup>2</sup> for demonstrating why I think humanity should be wiped out rather than being permitted off this rock.

With luck, we'll be extinct before we make First Contact.

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Think about it dudes, every other race in our galaxy will probably be super advanced Peacemaking do-gooders, all socially perfect, 0% crime, spending all their time seaching for the answer to life, the unerverse and everything. They would have probably wiped themselves of all Animal influences on the brain, shutting down the inner brain, and running off the cerebral cortex only. So no intressting conversation.

Then we would come along, as something different, fresh, cultural, animal, 50% sex crAzY.

With anby luck we'd be like the US, trying (And succeding sometimes) to police the galaxy.

I don't know, theres no point to this at all i just realised. It seemed like a good idea when I started. Ahh well, back to the institute.....

Guest Rogue 9

we would take over the peace loving aliens of the universe easily they would not want to give up the peace nor would they have weapons technology, by the time they built anything we would have stolen their technologies and used them to create a collection of superweapon the likes of which this universe has never seen... biggrin.gif

Guest Rogue 9

I was saying we would dominate it, Ono of the reason I like Seti. biggrin.gif

------------------

?yadot og ot tnaw uoy did erehW

Actually the alter-ego of NASA (ASAN) has developed all that, they're just not telling us until there's a good war to use it in biggrin.gif.

------------------

Self proclaimed Forum 90's Dude

milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

You make believe

That nothing is wrong until you're cryin'

Cryin' on me

You make believe

That life is so long until you're dyin'

Dyin' on me!

Guest Rogue 9

that sound sort of like the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, are they bulldozing us in this one to...

In my WIP(*) the reason we haven't been encountered yet is because only two aliens races in the galaxy actually know about us (the Bittarii and the Oriens[**]). One of those races hasn't kept aware of us for millions of years (they had a hand in our evolution), and the Oriens are keeping us a closely guarded secret.

The Oriens are petrified of us; THey know what the Bittarii were trying to do when they gene-engineered us, and the Oriens alone know just how dangerous we really are.

(*) Work In Progress

(**) Also called "Greys." wink.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Archived