Home

Flaws I've seen in the mod...and suggestions

RpTheHotrod

Well Raz, it looks like you've got your work cut out for you then! (balancing for all weapon CTF/Siege)

Then again if MovieBattles2 can claim to do it (balance a new saber system with a Siege type game) then it's possible. But one advantage they have going for them is that they could create their Siege-like gametype from the ground up, they weren't dropping the system alive and kicking into an already existing gametype and trying to keep it intact.

But if it works, it might prove very interesting to play online... rather than just use "dumbed down" (or "arcade") saber for everything, then change to "strategic skillz saber" when you entered a challenge or dueling mode.

My goal is to have a saber combat system that can work for all the current gameplay situations.

Yes, I do know that CTF is a special case where things are going to get weird since it's basically a running saber battle, but I think we'll come up with something that should work.

oh sure. however, it will play a little differently. While the JM will be much more power in terms of blocking blaster bolts and attacks, they won't have the same super force regen so the game will be more about wearing them down rather than grabbing a JediKiller weapon and hunting them down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived