Home

Ships spawn fighters like AT-ATs spawn troops.

Cosmos Jack

Ok at the chance of sounding like an idiot.

I have been trying to make it so that ships spawn fighters like AT-ATs spawn troops. After talking to Darth_Torpid-PG he said "you can't add special abilities, but you can switch them around." So I'm assuming it's is possible to give the special ability to ships just changing the unit that it spawns. So far all I have got is the spawn troops icon on the ships.

I wanted to make it so they can spawn 2 squadrons of Ties and 1 of Bombers like it is now, but you pick the time that you want them deployed. With two seprate buttons.

Any ideas guys?

I have changed abilities around on units. I took one of the Venator mods made the Empire version with the "power_to_weapons" like other Emp ships and the Rebel power to shields. "DEFEND" I also changed sounds around and had them spawn Ties and X-wings instead of V-wings.

I tried giving ships the Vader's special ability "REPLENISH_WINGMEN" though when I try to use it the game stalls.

im curious why we cant add new specials
Well Darth_Torpid-PG said they are “hard coded in.” That might be why it can't be used to spawn fighters in space. He also said the MOD tools won't be able to add new ones either.

I just thought it would be possible to edit what the special does and works for on the surface.

I just wanted to do that, because I read somewhere that it would have been better if you pick when your fighters and bombers spawn instead of just having them auto. Doesn't look like too popular of an idea though and I've wasted enough time trying to figure it out for myself.:rolleyes:

Archived