Home

Luke Hero enabled for Galctic Campaign(for ground). Need help with animations.

Master Nikolaos

Hey there, I was playing around to see if I could enable Luke for landbattles(with the existing model he has at the end of a rebellion win game). I enabled everything for him exept for his squadron for space battles(I think I can figure that one out easily after looking in to it with more time). However, much of the information I used to enable him for ground battles was copied form Kyle Katarn. The end result was a Luke that moved and acted like Kyle but talked like luke and looked like luke. I noticed there where models for Luke to use in certain animations(demolition, firing, etc) in the models folder.

I wonder how you can add them to Luke's hero for ground battles, because there's no where in the named heroes.xml or Herocompanies.xml files which points to assigning certain characters animation models, and yet, Luke was practiaclly doing everything like Kyle(run, idle shooting and such).

I almost forgot to say, Luke can shoot and kill, but there's no weapon in his hands. Any ideas?

no weapon, funny. they may have only set him up for the ending scene, so there's no weapon. that's too bad. Have you compared to Mara Jade, or a regular infiltrator? Maybe you can find a hint there. There's probably another XML file that links the annimations together with a unit. Try looking at some of the existing space mods that link/change explosions with hardpoints.

I found this in one of the old mods: in "NamedHeroUnits.xml"

<LandBehavior>SELECTABLE, SURFACE_FX, WALK_LOCOMOTOR, IDLE, TARGETING, WEAPON, REVEAL, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, DAMAGE_TRACKING, UNIT_AI, ABILITY_COUNTDOWN</LandBehavior>

and this was in "Herocompanies.xml":

<Company_Units>Boba_Fett</Company_Units>

<CategoryMask>LandHero | SpaceHero</CategoryMask>

There's some comments in the herocompanies xml that may help you.

Unfortunately I think that because that model was cinematic only that it's missing some of the skeletal structure and bones necessary to make him a full land unit. I could be wrong though. I know that when we pulled the Imperial Guard from cinematic to ground unit, it required a model refurbish.

if you want luke to act like luke you need to add his LUA script to his model. its what tells it how to act. the file name is LUKEPLAN.LUA in the file it should look like this -

<Lua_Script>LUKEPLAN</Lua_Script> .

as for weapons, have you tried adding the lightsaber abilities to him to see if they will work? if not, you will need these lines of text to try it.

<LandBehavior> SELECTABLE, SURFACE_FX, WALK_LOCOMOTOR, IDLE, REVEAL, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, TARGETING, WEAPON, DAMAGE_TRACKING, UNIT_AI, ABILITY_COUNTDOWN, IMPOSING_PRESENCE, HOLSTER_WEAPON </LandBehavior>

<!-- Lightsaber holstering data -->

<SFXEvent_Draw_Weapon> Unit_Light_Saber_On </SFXEvent_Draw_Weapon>

<SFXEvent_Holster_Weapon> Unit_Light_Saber_Off </SFXEvent_Holster_Weapon>

<Holster_Weapon_Bone_Name> b_saber </Holster_Weapon_Bone_Name>

<Holster_Drawn_Bone_Translation> 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 </Holster_Drawn_Bone_Translation>

<Holster_Holstered_Bone_Translation> 0.0, -5.835, 0.0 </Holster_Holstered_Bone_Translation>

<Holster_Transition_Time_In_Secs> 0.17 </Holster_Transition_Time_In_Secs>

<Holster_Minimum_Drawn_Time_In_Secs> 15.0 </Holster_Minimum_Drawn_Time_In_Secs>

<Holster_Disable_Engine_Loops> Yes </Holster_Disable_Engine_Loops>

<Projectile_Types>Proj_Lightsaber</Projectile_Types>

<Projectile_Appearance_Delay_Frames> 8 </Projectile_Appearance_Delay_Frames>

<Projectile_Fire_Recharge_Seconds>0.7</Projectile_Fire_Recharge_Seconds>

btw i found out through trial and error you cant just add any weapon you want to a land model, like you can for space models. they seem to be enabled to only handle their "assigned" weapon, as per the model itself. i found this out trying to make jedi and sith warriors, and finally did it, but you have to use land models that are set up for it.

Archived