Home

Feature Request (Siege): "Stronger Wookiee Fists"

Kurgan

Well.. how 'bout it? I'd love to see this as an option in Basic, but I don't know if it'd work.

I know that Raven Software originally intended for the Wookiee to have stronger melee attacks (more damage) in Siege, and the description still remains in their class description in-game, but in reality their fists are the same as everyone else's. But it would make sense... since they're supposed to be so physically strong.

The reason Raven gave for nixing the ability is that the super strong fists somehow made it so they could bash through destructable walls in record time, ruining the difficulty of the various missions (a major exploit on offense). If this could be worked around, would it be cool to have the option to set super wookiee fists?

Say.... g_wookieemelee 1 or 0 ?

Or are we still running into the problem of too many cvars killing the game?

If so, perhaps you could make it part of g_debugmelee (like level 2 would be wookiee strong melee fists, level 3 would be wookiee strong melee fists plus the extra debug moves like debugmelee 1, and 1 and 0 would be the same as before).

Just a suggestion. ;) And if it is used, just make it for Siege, make sure you can't suddenly just pick a wookiee skin and have killer fists in FFA... that would be silly! I honestly don't know how much more damage the new fists would do, but you can check in the code and see what Raven originally planned.

Or is this a gameplay change on the level of Jedi Master mode...? ;)

Only trouble is such a feature would have been intended with basejka gameplay in mind, which might no longer be possible in enhanced... (correct me if I'm wrong).

So would you be against tossing it in enhanced? I'm mostly interested in seeing it happen, period.

• 2 weeks later...
i thought wookies already have 'heavy melee' at least it says that in the weapon selection for 'melee'

That's an error. Raven planned to have heavy melee in Siege for Wookiees only. It's printed in the manual and it's in the game's text, but the actual feature doesn't work. It was explained why they dropped it at the last minute in the siege's class/weapon files IIRC, because it made breaking through walls too easy, because fists damaged walls just a super powerful weapon. I guess the short answer would be they simply ran out of time to balance it properly, so they just dropped the feature.

Archived