Home

[Spoilers?] Help? Yet another TSL Glitch.

Darky626

I've played through every planet. (Telos, Korriban, Nar Shadaa, and Dantooine in that order.) So I get to Onderon (well Dxun technically) and then odd things begin to occur.

Everything was going fine until it was time to leave for Onderon and the Sith Assassins attacked. It was no more than 5 seconds into the attack when suddenly the cut-scene with Mandalore turns on, and we head to Onderon. I think nothing of this lack of fighting.

I blow through Onderon with no trouble, and we head back to Dxun, everything loads smoothly, but as I'm heading back to the Ebon Hawk I notice that 5 or so Sith Assassins are still there, and fighting infront of the control room (Where you first find Mandalore). I, like an idiot, decide to keep going to the Ebon Hawk and leave the Sith there, I figured it'd be no big deal, but I sure was wrong.

I get back to the EH, T3 gives me the message, Jedi Master wants to see me, Onderon civil war, y'know, the usual, but when we get back to the base to talk to Kelborn, the Sith are *still* there and they interrupt the cutscene. When I go to talk to Kelborn again he just asks if I'm ready to go, but I haven't picked my party to go to Freedon Nad's Tomb so the game just goes black. Basically not fighting 5 guys has disallowed me to continue the game that I'm 23 1/2 hours into.

I think I've tried everything, but maybe there is some way to help. If anyone's encountered this before... or somehow knows how to help, I would certainly appreciate it.

Everything was going fine until it was time to leave for Onderon and the Sith Assassins attacked. It was no more than 5 seconds into the attack when suddenly the cut-scene with Mandalore turns on, and we head to Onderon. I think nothing of this lack of fighting.

That's not a glitch really. Least I don't think it is since it happens to me every time I get too close to the building we meet first Mandalore.

I blow through Onderon with no trouble, and we head back to Dxun, everything loads smoothly, but as I'm heading back to the Ebon Hawk I notice that 5 or so Sith Assassins are still there, and fighting infront of the control room (Where you first find Mandalore). I, like an idiot, decide to keep going to the Ebon Hawk and leave the Sith there, I figured it'd be no big deal, but I sure was wrong.

If you didn't activate them before you activated the cut scene then when you return they'll appear. It happens to me from time to time.

The only thing you can do is reload before that portion of the game or kill the Sith before going to the final part where you get the message that Kavar wants to see you.

Yeah, that would help, but... I did a few things inbetween leaving the Mando base and going back... things I deemed at the time, save-worthy.

So now I'm stuck, with no way to get to a spot before I recieve the message without restarting my game completely.

Thanks for responding though... I am pretty sure my worst fears are upon me, and I must waste another week getting this far again.

*edit*

If I press start quickly after talking with Kelborn again it lets me choose two party members, except everyone BUT Atton is not chooseable. So I choose him, and then it goes to start loading the Freedon Nadd tomb, like usual.

But hey, instead of the game going to black it just freezes! One step to recovery!

I haven't heard of this issue before but good luck with that.

If anything I think your problem should reinforce the need to have multiple save points during a TSL play-thru so that you don't have the potential of being forced to start from the beginning again if you run into a glitch or get a corrupted savegame. Hopefully your XBox hard drive has enough free space to support this practice. :)

Oh yes, and welcome to LucasForums, Darky626! :wavey:

Ah yes, well I had two game saves, to air on the side of caution, but I saved over both of them, not realizing the predicament to come. I was foolish, but hey, playing the game is the whole point of... well... playing the game.

So now I am off to play!

And yes, thank you for the welcome.

The conversation with mandalore is initiated when the global for 403DXN_Sith_Attack has been set to 5. Unfortunately, I've yet to determine what causes that to happen. I strongly suspect that it has something to do with a_sith_att script, however I am unable to get the source code to start looking around.

In other words, it very well may be that not getting to close to that door might prevent cutting the fight off early, however I think that it's probably something else.

Sorry to muddy the waters futher, but I thought it worth mentioning ;)

Archived