Home

Alien Races

Guest Fondas

Guest Fondas

Well, I've been reading the X-Wing books and although I have figured out some of the alien races, others are totally unknow to me.

for example, Twileks are the race we all saw in the face of Jabba's first lieutenant in ROJ, right ?

Trandoshans are the saurian creatures we have encountered in the JK game.

I have no clue what Bothans or Gands look like .

Is there any site that can enlight me ?

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Bothans look like humanoid goats, only with longer fur amd no horns. As for Gands...

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Jabba The Hunt

those books tell you what they look like, use your imagination.

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

One of the bounty hunters in ESB was a gand. Zuckuss was the guy with the hoses hanging from his face (he was wearing a breath mask 'cause he's a methane breather).

Bothans are one of those points of contention I'm always complaining about. Every single artist who draws for Star Wars has their own idea.

Apparently the ridiculous-looking goat-like creatures have been adopted as "official," which is unfortunate because the only way they could appear onscreen would be via CGI. There're probably pics online somewhere, if you look hard.

Personally, I prefer Mike Vilardi's take from the old WEG RPG sourcebooks. Those Bothans looked kinda like the guys from Planet of the Apes, but with longer/thicker fur and more pronounced mouths (lips & teeth). They could be done by makeup fairly easily, and look much more believeable, IMHO.

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

can't be, The Gand in the X-wing books no Idea how to spell his name didn't breathe technically. Also he never wore a mask so he can't be a methane breather anyway.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Guest Rogue 9

Ooryl breaths sort of, I think it was through internal digestion of food that created it or something, he does not wear a mask.

I actually like the goat-Bothans better than the WEG ones. They look like the guy in the trash can from Sesame Street.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Jabba The Hunt

as i said you guys have an underdevelopeted imagination.

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Fondas

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:

as i said you guys have an underdevelopeted imagination.

Yes, you've already said it twice !

Still, it amazes me that you are THE ONLY ONE that have answered twice in this thread and didn't contribute anything to the topic !

The question was simple. Do you have an answer ?

Guest Jabba The Hunt

My answer - It doesnt matter what they look like just aslong as you have an idea of what they look like to you that is more or less correct, thats why its called fiction.

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

all im saying is that there isnt a way they really look like as they dont really exist!!!

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Redwing

Note: A bounty hunter in SW:ESB---Bossk, the lizard thing who growls at the Imp officer----is a Trandoshan. Just thought I'd mention that.

Oh and btw, I think the long-snouted version of a Bothan is better that the too-humanoid looking one (that version belongs in Star Trek!)

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

here is some good artwork for the aliens

Zukess needed special breathing equipment because his lungs were damaged

Reports conflict, one book says 4-LOM was a nursemaid type droid for Zukess, other say 4-LOM was an independant bounty hunter droid similar to IG-88

There are two races of gand: "true" gand breathe methane (Zuckuss), while the other race doesn't need to breathe at all (Ooryl's kind).

At one point, Zuckuss accidentally breathed in some oxygen and it scarred his lungs. Now he can't even breathe pure methane, and can only function without a mask on his own ship (where the life-support is adjusted).

As for 4-L0M, he was an independent hunter, but despite being a droid, he actually has compassion. When he and Zuckuss started working together, 4-L0M fell into the habit of looking after his new partner's health (just like Han & Chewie cool.gif ).

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Archived