Home

Thrik: Anti-Aliasing Fix Problem...

LucasBob422

Do any of the other options work? Also, have you tried using the Nvidia control panel to force anti-aliasing?

As far as I'm aware, older cards such as Geforce 2's, 3's and 4 MX's shouldn't have any real difficulty with rendering anti-aliasing that Grim Fandango likes without the use of additional tools — I certainly used one back before I got my Geforce 6.

The only possible complication is that newer drivers have wiped out the extra options with older cards; newer drivers are designed to be as fully featured for newer cards as possible — older ones always suffer, especially in terms of performance.

So, if you can, try to get some drivers which are roughly from the era of the Geforce 4 MX — they will be designed specifically to get the best out of your card, and hopefully will come with the anti-aliasing you want.

Of course, don't take what I say as absolute. If you are using older drivers and haven't tried new ones yet, then by all means try that too.

None of the other options work. I've tried using the nVidia control panel.

I tried to use AA with this game and the video card about 2 years ago, and it wasn't working then either.

It's possible that some really really old drivers could fix this problem, but I don't feel like messing around with those, because this card is more trouble than it's worth anyway.

Thanks though.

Oks. Well, I guess at least you have proper anti-aliasing in Grim to look forward to when you decide to upgrade. :)

I think Rivatuner simply shows you whatever anti-aliasing modes the drivers allows — they're just hidden in the official control panel. If they're not appearing, the chances are that no amount of tweaking will make them appear.

I keep repeating myself, but hopefully once Residual becomes more developed it will come with better support for anti-aliasing. :)

Archived