Home

Personal shields?

Empirecitizen

Is there a way to give infantry units a shield? I know this is un-starwars but i'm just trying to play with it.

I gave those infantry shield points and shield regeneration(refresh rate) in the GROUNDINFANTRY.XML and gave them energy and energy regeneration in case it is needed for a shield(becasue i see that vehicles and ships has energy) Yet there is no shield to be found protecting the infantry.

Is there a restriction on giving infantry shield or am I missing some improtant steps? Do I have to create a new armor type for it (I havent tried this becase it seems troubelsome to add so many lines in the game constant file)?

Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm not looking at it at the moment, but I THINK you have to add a "behavior", too. It's probably "SHIELDED", but look at the behavior lists of some units with shields, to see if I'm right.

No, you won't have to create a new armor type, though. Shields have nothing to do with armor types. (They have their own.) You will have to add a line for that, though. I think it's something like "<Shield_Type> Tank_Shield </Shield_Type>". Again, look at an example first, since I'm typing this without checking the XML files, myself.

I've got it worked already,thanks to rhedd-5. I just had not gotten the time to put a reply here.

the proper procduers are:

1.add a 'SHIELDED' behavior to the land behavior list (important so that the game reads the values for the shield)

2. add a value for the <Shield_Points> tag

3 add a value foe the <Shield_Refresh_Rate> tag

4. add an armor type <Shield_Armor_Type> tag (usually this line will not exist in originally non-shielded units)

Note: the shield_armor_type works like the armor_type tag, therefore u can put in any armor type as long as it exists in the gameconstant.xml but not necessarily those designed for shields.

This is a very good experience for me ( a modding newbie). I did not read the behavior tag carefully before and this experiece solved many problems that i had with new features on units not working.

Archived