Home

What the F*ck has gone wrong with microsoft

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

yeah its doing really well.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest garyah99

Personally, I think Micrsoft has blown chunks at most of it's attempts at software. The only thing that keeps it in business is Windows. Win 95 had 2 or 3 versions, win 98 had 2 editions, plus numerous service packs, most of which were useless. I will NOT buy Windows ME, I wouldn't even own Win 98 if todays software apps didn't require it. The only decent game I've seen MS produce is Starlancer, and even that had it's problems. Down with Microsoft!!!!

i've been running winME since it came out. no more problems than with 98, in fact fewer. no complaints from me.

Originally posted by Ike:

i've been running winME since it came out. no more problems than with 98, in fact fewer. no complaints from me.

Ditto. ME crashes a lot less than 98SE on this computer, and it's 3 times faster with the cable modem!

I don't understand what people are talking about when they say they loathe WinME. ME works for me!

I've rarely had 98SE do anything evil to me and the few times I do get the blue screen of death, it's because of something I did OR something like AOL freezing and screwing everything up. I've had to reinstall windows ONCE EVER and that was like 18 months ago.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Im with them, ive got WinME and ive had no problems.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Is there a way in WinME to keep all those blasted things running in the backround from activating on startup? Seriously, I have like 18 things running when I ctr+alt+del.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Type MSCONFIG in the run box, then click on the "Startup" tab. Uncheck anything you don't want running at startup. Also be sure to look in the C:Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Start Up folder to see what's running in there as well.

Here's a site that has some good info on this procedure and what some of those startup menu items might be (it's a bit specific to Dell owners, but the info should apply, and there's a link off to non Dell computers): http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/

I think this is the secret to keeping ME and 98SE running smoothly.

Good luck with it.

------------------

"I'm not NOT licking toads." - Homer

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited July 10, 2001).]

Archived