Home

Problem with SPMA-T max firing range

Athanasios

I tried to make SPMAT max attack range (distance) greater, but it doesn't seem to work. Whether you add at the <Max_attack_distance> (or something like this) in Groundvehicles.xml +200 or +1.000.000, the SPMAT will keep getting in the original distance to fire.

This is not the case with MPTL, where everything works fine. Any ideas?

This is what I THINK:

I have substituted the magnepulse cannon projectile for the SPMAT grenade (it's fun)

and the result is that it has unlimited range allowing it to shoot everywhere although I have not changed its targetting range.

So its quite obvious that the range of the SPMAT is not controlled by this parameter. Probably, it's because of the shooting style, it lobs its projectile instead of shooting them directly.

There's a line <Projectile_Grenade_Gravity>1.636363636</Projectile_Grenade_Gravity>

in the "Proj_Ground_SPMAT_Grenade" section.

I think this contrl the rate of the grenade acclerating(falling) to the ground,hence should control the range. Try reducing this number to see if the range increase.

The <Projectile_Max_Lifetime> is 900 which should be long enough to prevent it from exploding in mid-air but you might want to increase it to be safe.

Archived