Home

ships when u begin

jf3000

When I am playing empire, and I play against 3 rebels, how come all the rebels spawn from one base, I would atleast thought there would of been 3 rebel bases, and they would all attack each other instead of ganging up on me.

Anyways when u first start and the empire has those tie fighters to begin with, and whatever the rebel has, how to I change what the rebel starts with, so he starts with atleast a few powerful ships first?

I ask because I downloaded the Super Star Destroyer mod, then hacked the heck out of it, made it possible so when I upgrade from level 1 through to 5 on the bases, that the upgrade happens on the left side so I can still build ships and not have to wait for some upgrade to finish so I can have more ships.

My destroyer is errr somewhat nasty, both the proton beam and the other beam do damage to whatever they grab.

Cant seem to have multiple beams coming out of the ship either so wonder if its possible.

Anyways thanks.

Jf3000

Wow! You're beefing up your side pretty heavy there. I'm just curious...have you beefed up Rebellion ships equally? Maybe load up each one with 8-10 extra missile and torpedo launchers?

Just wondering how you're maintaining game balance...

Regarding what the Rebellion sides start with in the skirmish...which AI are you using - easy, medium or hard? I'd assume hard, based on the need to use a highly modded SSD on your side in order to survive. But I would think the AI level would also determine how many ships - and which types - the Rebellion sides would start with.

Wow! You're beefing up your side pretty heavy there. I'm just curious...have you beefed up Rebellion ships equally? Maybe load up each one with 8-10 extra missile and torpedo launchers?

Just wondering how you're maintaining game balance...

Regarding what the Rebellion sides start with in the skirmish...which AI are you using - easy, medium or hard? I'd assume hard, based on the need to use a highly modded SSD on your side in order to survive. But I would think the AI level would also determine how many ships - and which types - the Rebellion sides would start with.

Nope even if u have it on hard the rebels still only have those x-wings.

Nope even if u have it on hard the rebels still only have those x-wings.

Oh well. I guess that'd have to be changed in an XML file. Starting units have to be defined somewhere - in a file specific to either game type or faction.

And if it CAN'T be changed without a map editor, then no one should need a hacked SSD to keep up with the Rebellion.

I dont know my starwars ships, but the rebels have some nice big ships, and I wanted them to start with them, e.g. 5 each or something. I always play on hard.

How do i do this :

Maybe load up each one with 8-10 extra missile and torpedo launchers?

Also where can I find what ships you get when you first start the game in skirmish?

Archived