Home

the life of a loner (a small rant)

K_Kinnison

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zoom Rabbit

Wally the space dolphin wants me to ask discreetly if you have any underage dolphin por--huh? Oh. smile.gif He says nevermind.

Originally posted by CRK_LagWagon:

jesus flies a t/d!!

A TIE Defender can blow the hell out of almost anything in space. It makes Vader's T/Ax1 look like a podracer.

Think man, would you really want a Messiah who flies anything less?

<small>Probably goin' straight to Hell for that one.</small>

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I think Krishna peferred the A-wing...

biggrin.gif

Of course, the A-wing was called vimana in ancient Sanskrit. rolleyes.gif

saw a bumber sticker last weekend

God was my co-pilot....

We crashed in the Andes and I ate him to survive

THe biggest leap for unbelivers is that the Bible is an infallible source for Gods word. But if you read it and study it, you will realize it is the only holy book that says salvation is earned by belief, and not actions. And the Bible has no contradictions

Tho some of the stuff is rather confusing... like that God (The father), Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Are all God, yet are seperate.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

*Sigh* Sure, Scelt. Hold on while I try to give a sh*t...

*Ungh!*

Oh, well. wink.gif I guess he just didn't get my goat.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Did someone mention trinity?

*(Dives right in.)* Trinity is a notion that is reflected in most of the world's religions, and it's just a way of us limited, corporeal beings conceptualizing a thing as vast and beyond our comprehension as God. We recognize that God's nature is so transcendent that any notion we have of Him will be a poor shadow of What He really is...so we say 'He is this, this and this.'

For example, there is God the infinite...the vast, patient Force behind the universe. And there is God as the universe itself, His transecendent self as form. Brought to physicality, this 'aspect' of God is now distinct from the first from our point of view. He then takes on a new form as we find Him within us as the Holy Spirit; as consciousness and spirit itself, this third form of God is yet different in nature from the other two.

Yet all are the same God. wink.gif In fact, ultimately, everything is God. These three are just how He 'appears' from our limited, human points of view.

I did a lengthy bit in Rogue 9's 'Religion' thread at RS.Net about trinity, especially touching on its existance in other religions. smile.gif If anyone's interested, it is here: http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/Forum2/HTML/001493-2.html

(I'm 'Imladil,' and the trinity bit starts about three-quarters down the page.) biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zoom Rabbit (edited August 08, 2001).]

Archived