Home

Mod Request: Scout Trooper Unit (or info on how to do it)

StealthWar42

Hello. I have a relatively simple mod that I'd like made. I believe it doesn't involve making new models or textures or anything, so it should be simple.

Could somebody possibly make a scout trooper unit for the Imperials? I know there's already speeder bikes, but I'd like to see an actual unit of scout troopers on foot (other than having his speeder bike destroyed!).

The way I imagine them, is that they're more like "special forces" for the Imperials. They are kind of like stormtroopers, right? Only they have outdoor survival and stealth skills. I guess they wouldn't come in squads like stormtroopers but maybe each unit of scout troopers would have two groups of two scout troopers.

For abilities... I was just thinking the "binoculars" ability from the Total Realism mod would be enough. I would also like them to be the sniper unit for the Empire, since for some reason, a superpower army decided not to include them.

They shouldn't be as powerful as infiltrators, and they won't because they can't raid or do that thermal detonator thing or anything like that.

Anybody able to do this? Or know how to do it? Or is it impossible?

I've heard that it is impossible to add new units because you cannot add models or skins or anything, but what about adding new units using existing models and skins?

Thanks

Yes, it's quite easy to add already modeled/textured units as buildable.

Mind that we (TR mod team) have already noted down your request. We like the ability of scout trooper to jump out/up on his bike at will, not only when he's destroyed. We'll experiment with Chewbacca steal/abandon vehicles abilities and see how it goes.

Yet, we do not intend to place these guys in the place of Dark Troopers because they don't look like in for such jobs :). However, if we get them to use their bike at will, it will be easy to tweak the damages/health/ranges value according to your liking to make him actually be the "elite" unit of Empire ;).

Archived