Home

Aaliyah's dead.

Rebel Loyaltist

Guest Thrawn

She was also in Romeo Must Die, and had a part in the next two Matrix movies.

------------------

"You'd have to use a ladder to rise to my level of crap!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Í'm not trying to piss people off or anything, I just don't see why I should be moved by the death of a person I never met. Like I said, thousands die every day, why should I feel bad for her, is she more important than the rest just because she was famous? If I was a fan or had met her personally, I maybe would care, but I don't. Let's say this plane crashes and 8 die, but nobody famous. Everybody would say "Thank God only 8 died.", but since there's a famous person in the middle, suddenly her death is more important than the others.

I now what PB means. When a distant realtive dies, that I don't really know (maybe only heard the name a couple times) I'm not sadden by the death, because it was like a stranger died. It is the same here I never heard of her, and her death doesn't make me sad. I think it is tragic and have sympathy for her family but that is all.

Although I am anger by the fact, that more people care about her death because she was famous then people who have died in other situations.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Originally posted by Flying Beastie:

I'm not exactly a fan (though I am aware of her), but I am saddened. Just as I'm saddened by every needless death.

This is the exact same way I feel.

But surely some of you care for the death of someone famous you've never met or known when he was alive because you enjoyed what he did and respected him for it... I mean I wish that Jimi Hendrix had never died, really althought I only knew him by his songs.

Maybe some of you who never heard of Aaliyah will listen to her music a couple of years from now and enjoy it. Afterwords you will regret that their is and will be no more.

Archived