Home

One friggin' year

Guest Rune Haako

Originally posted by Darth Sceltor:

Nitrous-- doesn't Canada have an army or something?

ROTFLOL!!!

We have an army! We just don't give 'em guns or anything.
--from Just For Laughs

I've never joined the military, and I don't particularly want to. Even if I was in peak physical condition (and/or something could give me the incentive to whip myself into shape).

Y'see, I have very specific ideas about what's worth fighting for. In all of human history, there's only been one war I'd have been willing to get involved in: WWII.

I will not fight about lines on a map, or resources, or what language people speak or what God(s) they worship.

I'm willing to die for freedom, and honour, and love. Especially for love. I'm willing to kill, live and/or die for those things. Politics isn't worth my life or my time.

Sometimes I think I was born a few centuries too late. I'd have made a great knight-errant, or perhaps a samurai, or even a musketeer. Who knows; maybe in a past life, I was.

I honestly can't bring myself to hate my enemies. I respect their beliefs, and I'd regret having to kill them, but I would if only to protect more innocent lives.

Remember in the first episode of Gundam Wing, when Quatre kills an OZ soldier, and says "I'm sorry" just before the enemy dies? That would be me.

Love is the only thing worth dying for.
--character in one of my stories

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited August 31, 2001).]

Originally posted by Flying Beastie:

I'm willing to die for freedom, and honour, and love.

You want to know why Braveheart is my favorite movie? Because I've never felt more of a connection with a character in a movie then I did with William Wallace... In fact, I once screamed at my parents, "YOU CAN TAKE MY TOYS, BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY FREEDOM!!!!"... That was when I was 10... Braveheart wasn't even out yet.

I cried when Wallace said his final word.

Originally screamed by William Wallace:

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, and I mean I KNOW, that if I had been a Scot back then, I would have been at Wallace's side through the whole damn thing.

------------------

nitrologo.gif

nitro.gif Ryan "Nitro" Cole nitro.gif - The man who can fly anything with wings... And some things without...

"If they could get a washing machine to fly, our Nitro could land it!"

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Beastie, it's been said that there is a significant difference between being a soldier and being a warrior.

I made a lousy soldier biggrin.gif but I think I'd be a formidable warrior...

*(Plays 'The Patriot' with Mel Gibson in its entirety for the forum to make his point.)*

Like that or something. wink.gif

Guest Rune Haako

It's called "salt peter", Skelt. Prohibits you from having any kind of erection for at least nine weeks. Very handy when you train at an all-male training site.

Kewl, I'm famous in my hometown (even though it's not a deployment, Nute).

[This message has been edited by Rune Haako (edited September 02, 2001).]

Guest Rune Haako

It is at Ft. Knox. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be ass-raped by some testosterone-driven guy who constantly *****es about about not being able to get a piece from his girlfriend.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

Beastie, it's been said that there is a significant difference between being a soldier and being a warrior.

As I've said recently on Usenet:

A soldier knows how to fight. A warrior knows why and when to fight.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

Watch Red Dawn to see what I would do if anyone directly ****s with the US.

<font size="4" color="red">WOLVERVINES!</font>

Internet access: $9.95 a month.

Access to XWA.net forums: free.

Post count in the 7000s: over two years of effort.

Declaration of nationalistic pride followed by a glaring typo: Priceless.

wink.gif

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Archived