Home

Planet Of the Bad Endings

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

If you have seen planet of the apes can you please explain that ending to me. He goes forward in time and because of that it makes all the people on earth into apes?

------------------

"Getting Drunk is great you should try it sometime"

"I did once, I just cant remember if I enjoyed it or not"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Hans The Great

It does'nt make any sense:

Explanation 1: The smart monkeys find their way back to Earth from the space station and take over... hmm.. that does'nt work.

Explanation 2: The monkey space pilot finds his way back to the past and causes the monkey takeover.....Nope, no good either.

Explanation 3: Marky Mark's parents were mentally enhanced monkeys and they caused to Ape revolution... That would explain his acting ability...

Explanation 4: Tim Burton got drunk before a production meeting and ordered too many monkey outfits, he had to justify the expense so he shot that last scene... Now that one I'll buy.

..And how about those pods, they can travel from Earth to Saturn and back again on one tank of gas, wow!

This was a movie that I, for one, never saw the point of a re-make. Then I have never seen the point of re-making films anyway.

Have we totally run out of good story ideas?

I can think of dozens of stories and books that should be made into movies, but no one has ever tried, and now that digital technology has come as far as it has, it might actually be possible to make some of them.

Open rant directed towards Hollywood: Stop recycling old movies and TV shows please, and dare to take a chance on something original!

Guest Hans The Great

Yeah, the fly remake was cool. I liked the movie up until the end, which kind of ruined the whole film. By "end" I mean everything after the big "monkey oven" scene where Marky Mark lights up the crashed ship's engine. So everybody just stops fighting?

I like Assassin's alternate universe idea, except that if the space/time rift was so unstable, then the monkey pilot never would have landed on the same planet as Marky Mark. It was also interesting that the monkey could land the ship safely but Marky could'nt.

Bottom Line: I liked Sleepy Hollow alot more than this film.

The ending did ruin it; I get the feeling it's a result of Tim Burton not thinking through his temporal mechanics. Or maybe he did think them through, but didn't think anyone would mind his dramatic license.

<small>Personally, I'm starting to think his dramatic license should be revoked; but he might still have a few good films in him.</small>

Slightly OT idea: Get a time machine & use it to put Bram Stoker, Edgar Allen Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, Joss Whedon, and Tim Burton in a room together.

Can you imagine the stories they'd come up with?!? eek.gif

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Archived