Home

Poll: 8th May - 14th

Guest DarthMaulUK

Do you like the direction of the expansion?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the direction of the expansion?

• Yes i do
    • Nope. Terrible idea.

I think this expansion is going to be awesome. I've watched the video and...CLOAKED SHIPS!!! I MEAN COME ON thats sweeeeet. The only thing ive seen so far that i dont like about this 'expansion' is yodas berserk ability. I can only begin to imagine a board like jabiim where you can't use the tanks so you end up with a lot of infantry and your pop. cap goes down about 5 points in 10 seconds because of a little green guy. I know that vader can push people and the emporer can electrify them, but neither of them can take out the amount of troops that yoda is going to be able to do. I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE FORCE SIGHT THING THOUGH....that will really help with planning strategy during the game...oh and an invisible luke skywalker....i mean....i'd buy the expansion just for the new cloaking abilities of ships and units..

Honestly i dont see how anyone can be upset about Petro's choice here. They are putting there mark on the star wars universe just as the numerous other game developers have and i must say...And quite honestly (you people at petro can use this if you want) take this game and just make it perfect...i mean spend at least a year on it and add even more stuff from post EP. VI and call it EAW 2!!!!

Oh...and i reallllllllly dont like the idea of a 'lightsaber whip'. its never really worked for me.....but maybe thats just me..........

OH AND THE ECLIPSE, from what i've read, is able to carry pre-fabbed bases(article from wikipedia i think, very in depth...my congrats to whoever wrote it). So are we going to be able to once we take the planet, if we have the eclipse in orbit, can we automatically have our base built? rather than have to build it piece by piece? I THINK THIS WOULD be a great addition to the game....and somethign to keep in mind.

I am glad they are producing a 'Expansion Pack', but I am more conscerned over how they got their intel. I am still far from wise. I may like to stretch a little, but I am very far from wise.

Of course by the time they release it, the engine will be very, very, very primitive. I have seen something that will knock EAW into next week, and then back around again. It is also a RTS, and it will hit shelves soon.

Their "intel"? What do you think they are, the CIA? For the last time: Petroglyph don't need to monitor the forums to get idea; it's not as though the community invented the SSD or the TIE Interceptor.

Engine being primitive? As compared to what? Some unnamed game by some anonymous developer that you claim to have seen that may or may not hit shelves soon? EaW was never meant to break new ground in the graphics department like Half-Life 2 or F.E.A.R. did when they were released. It is a solid engine that looks good enough (quite awesome on a very high-end machine) and propels the gameplay forward like it's meant to do.

Instead of going off subject, I sent you a PM with specifics. I didn't want to interfere with the subject at hand. Or - Click on the links in my signature.

Actually, I should not be online when I am under the gun. I have been studying for finals this week, so my brain is fried. Every time I have midterms or finals my persception is blown off course.

I think Mac is just suffering from parnoia.

Wouldn't be the first time he posts some illogical stuff. He got rammed into by me and Achilles back at the SWK boards when he showed that he had no idea how a business works.

I think all should try to think for themselves and looks for information rather then listen to anything people can claim. Verify the information. Ask yourself what you would do. Don't let yourself be controlled by some demagogue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived