Home

Sam & Max Hit the Road Talkie Version

mokmoof

Hello. I'm new around here.

I am currently seeking a copy of "Sam & Max Hit the Road," so that I can finally play it (it is a glaring omission in my life as a gamer that I have yet to do so). eBay seems like the best way to go.

Anyway, my question is this: Do all CD copies of "Hit the Road" have voice acting? That is to say, is there such a thing as a CD version that is not a Talkie version?

Thanks in advance!

I just looked and I don't think you can get Sam and Max for less than 50 dollars right now. There is a budget release with Day of the Tentacle in the UK that was cheaper about a year ago, but it seems that's over.

I just recommend downloading a pirated copy with voices, seeing as no one who matters receives any money from and second hand shopped games at the moment.

I just recommend downloading a pirated copy with voices, seeing as no one who matters receives any money from and second hand shopped games at the moment.

Fair enough. And where might I find a pirated copy?

Edit: Also, while I thank everyone very much for their input, nobody has really answered my question about whether all CD copies have voice acting.

I really don't know where you would download it. Bittorrent?

And I seriously doubt there is a non talkie version on CD. Back then for just about all games Sierra or LucasArts, they would release the game on disk first and premiere the CD version a year later and piss you off. So considering the price of CD games back then, (one adventurer magazine I have from 1991 or so had the CD-rom version of Monkey Island selling for $70) it would be nonsense to put a game that doesn't need the space of a CD on CD. I had to rebuy a few games because of that.

Just a little update: Demonoid also currently has a decent scan of Surfin' The Highway up. And registration is currently open... I think.

To anyone reading this who disapproves of filesharing, I would politely point out that everything we're talking about downloading is way out of print--that if one buys these items on eBay or at a used comic/game shop, the makers still see no revenue.

When companies make this stuff available for legitimate purchase, or at least indicate some intention of doing so in the future, then I'll be more than happy to hear what they have to say about p2p.

Archived