Home

Surround Sound

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I just brought the logitech SoundMan Sr-30 to use with XWA as that would be great fun, anyway I installed everything I needed and plugged it all in anyway the only think i dont know about is whether ive got a 4 channel sound card, now ive got 2 out ports on it (well they have the same symbol) but whatever I plug into the second one never works (rear or front), any help?

------------------

"Getting Drunk is great you should try it sometime"

"I did once, I just cant remember if I enjoyed it or not"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

On the Soundblaster Cards there is a program called "Surround-Mixer" that lets you set up and test the surrounds. Your card has to be in 4-channel mode, you have to be running a program that has surround channel-information, and you have to have a set of speakers that can decode and output the sound.

Here's the speaker set I have: http://www.alteclansing.com/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/Altec/macros/main.d2w/report

I don't know about that card, but I'm sure there must be a function to allow you to set it up. Try it with a DVD first, since they all have surround tracks.

And yes; the surround speakers have wires.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I have a creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI - anyone know if that is 4 channel and if so how to enable it?

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

any help?

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I just checked on that site (thanx a lot) and all PCI sound cards were 4 speaker enabled. Altough the system is no-longer working so im taking it back on sat.

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived