Home

Revisiting "The Sith Lords" (Spoilers)

Tysyacha

Here is my impression of the game, the second time around:

New Things I Loved:

Gaining 100 Influence with Kreia without using cheats

Learning Force Sight from Visas and gaining 100 Influence with her

Gaining 74 Influence with Mandalore (boy, he doesn't react much!)

Being a Jedi Guardian/Watchman (class combo that I never tried)

Having my final alignment 53 (I think maybe Kreia would be proud!)

Old Things I Still Loved:

Finding and getting answers from the Jedi Masters on the LS path

Atton's witty comments and crush on the Exile (if female, which I had)

Dancing for Vogga the Hutt (Gotta love that dancer's outfit!)

Dxun. That's the most beautiful Star Wars moon/planet I've ever seen.

The fight with Darth Sion. Now HE's a tough Sith Lord to battle!

Roleplaying as a neutral Exile from the Jedi Order, not bound to it anymore.

Old Things I Still Hated:

Peragus. Paranoia and suspense galore, but it takes so LONG to finish.

The Trayus Academy. I Stealthed my way all the way through it.

Killing Darth Traya. I'm the only KOTOR II player who seems to like her!

G0-T0. 'Nuff said.

Mira. The female version of Atton wasn't really my Exile's best friend.

The Jekk'Jekk Tarr. Kill a whole bunch of weird aliens. Whoopee!

What was your impression when you played it the second time?

Sincerely,

Tysyacha

KOTOR was so good that my expectations for TSL were unrealistically high. I was really disappointed after my first playthrough, and even mad at the way it ended. The second time, I knew what would happen, so it did not bother me. It was also good to learn more of the story. I always play a guardian the first time and just hack and slash my way through. The second time I used persuade and influence more, so I learned more. Since I had learned more about the influence system, I was able to make everyone a Jedi. The first time, I only got Handmaiden and Mira jedified. TSL is a game that grows on you after a while. I still hate Peragus because there is so little opportunity for interaction with others, but I do like the game better now than my first time.

I get annoyed by:

Peragus: Too long, and gets bored after a couple of times.

Traya Academy (or M-V for that matter) Basically nothing by hack n slash, esp. the Academy. At least the rest of M-V is "smaller" in terms of random combat that serves no purpose.

Always like:

Visas: And think she needs more dialogue.

Hanging out in the Pazaak places.

The whole Lower City thingy.

Dxun Moon: small and concentrated.

Well, there are loads of things to do in Taris, you have the main story arc, yet you have a bunch of side quests and options.

Peragus is pretty simple and straight forward. And most "choices" would include either shutting down a droid or blasting it.

I agree with most of you, Peragus seems long and boring if you played it again.

But the game really fun after that part on replaying it ... U always have other paths u didn't followed before... And other items u might didn't had.. infuelence

I hope they dont redo the same mistake again in KOTOR III "putting a boring level as a start like Peragus or Taris"

(Contains Spoilers)

I liked the game much better with each play through, because I would find out different tid bits of information I hadn't learned the first playthrough. I enjoyed jedi-affying Bao-Dur, Atton, Handmaiden and Mira, but I still like Visas the best. She has a natural empathy towards the Exile, whereas the others are sort of luke warm to you until you gain more influnce over them. I only wish there was more Jedi Master/Padawan interplay with the NPC's you train- you know more dialogue with them asking you questions and you teaching them stuff. I guess they didn't have time for any good things like that. I think they could have cut out alot of the hack n slash parts of Malachor V and added more dialogues. I also think Brianna should have been with you on Malachor V. she says she will fight by your side to the end at Telos and that's the last you see of her. There should have been play as the other party members on Malachor V, like there was during Freedon Nadd's tomb and the Civil War on Onderon where the team was split into 2 groups.

Archived