Home

Alright. Who broke the internet?

Flying Beastie

My dad did engineering in university, but after 3 years switched to architecture... It's really funny too, cause one of his best friends did 3 years of architecture before switching to engineering... We call my dad an engineer in achitect's clothing.

That was rather pointless aside from that fact that it mentioned engineering.

Myself, I'm looking at Journalism or Radio Broadcasting...

Well, I do like my study, but then again, I usually sleep more than four hours once every two days. With that amount, people would mistake me for a corpse within a week.

I could never study anything I absolutely loathe. I'd loose the motivation to complete it. So why do you continue, Keyan?

I am going to start taking some PC classes real soon. Me and another guy here at work are going to start off with an A+ class then I'm going to take Network+ and the wife wants us to take our CCNA together.

I hate my job and especially the way it's run by management. But since I will probably be laid off by June I wont have to worry about it no more.

Sorry to hear that Keyan. I hope things start to look up for ya.

Originally posted by Gold leader:

So why do you continue, Keyan?

Because I would like to have some financial stability, and even though my personal life is shot to hell as well, there still exists the off chance I may get married and have children. When I was growing up, we had to move all over the country because of my dad's career (we moved once a year for the first 12 years of my life), and that was really hard on my sister and me, not to mention my mom. I'd like to be to not put my family through that, if possible. And if I wind up alone forever, well, at least I'll be able to afford lots of cool stuff to cheer me up biggrin.gif

Hmm.. Keyan that's not the way it works. My uncle works for personnel-management in Boeing and he absolutely hates his job. He comes home grumpy in the evenings most every night cause of frustrations at work. He has a wife and two kids and is reasonably well off, too. But he's not happy. As I understand it, that's how it usually works out.

Get out of there, Keyan, before it's too late, and find something you would really love to do. It's not about money. If I were given a choice whether to have a sucky 9-5 job that I hate, but pays really well, or a job that I love but doesn't pay as well, I'd choose the latter, because money doesn't make you, or your family, truly happy.

------------------

Chris "Janz" Walker

episodei.jpgnjop.jpg

Episode I Shipset

New Jedi Order Project

Yes it is about money. That's all it's about. That's the purpose of having a job. But there is no reason to be grumpy if you hate your job. Come 5:00 PM, you leave the work at the office, go home, and enjoy some good quality time with family (or with yourself, if you don't have a family). In the summer, I work nine hours a day hauling crap around a warehouse. It sucks, and I hate it, but when I go home, I just forget about it and relax the rest of the day.

Archived